Detalles a Simple Vista
Tipo de EscuelaPrivado
Coste de la Aplicación$50
Ayuda Financiera DisponibleSí
SIT Graduate Institute prepares students from across the globe to be effective leaders, professionals, and citizens. SIT’s master’s and professional development programs are rooted in the experiential education model, where learning occurs at the nexus of theory and practice. Students are trained to become highly skilled practitioners who have a commanding knowledge of the theoretical basis of their profession; experience in the field; and an awareness of their own capabilities, values, and ethics.
Today, SIT Graduate Institute continues to adapt to a changing world and the ever-evolving needs of its students by developing innovative full-time, face-to-face, global master’s degree programs. It remains as committed as ever to the principles of social justice, intercultural communication, and experiential learning.
Part-time Hybrid Doctorate Degree
Full-time Global Master's Degrees
Part-time Hybrid Master's Degrees
Coste de la Aplicación$50
- Transcripciones Académicas Certificadas
- Descripción Personal
- 3 Cartas de Recomendación
- GRE not required
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit test scores for TOEFL, IELTS or PTE
To be considered for admission to a master’s or certificate program, you must have the following:
Master of Arts Degrees and Graduate Certificate in International Education
- US bachelor’s degree or an equivalent that demonstrates academic ability (not applicable for some certificate programs). Applicants from institutions outside the US must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Demonstrated English language ability (see details below)
- Intercultural and professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to use experience as a source of learning
Doctorate in Global Education (EdD)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) from a graduate master’s degree program of 3.5.
- Demonstrated English language ability (see details below).
- Demonstrated interest in the EdD degree at SIT and the ability to address how your prior academic and professional experiences have prepared you to undertake doctoral studies.
- Ability to process your research topic and its significance to the field and identify your professional goals for the program.
Part-Time Hybrid Programs
It is recommended that applicants to SIT’s part-time, hybrid programs are currently working in their field of study and have experience and familiarity with instructional technology, distance learning, and/or independent learning.
More specific admissions requirements for each program can be found on each degree page.
English Language Ability
Applicants whose first language is not English and who did not graduate from an English-speaking institution in a country whose official language is English must submit test scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or the PTE (Pearson Test of English). (You can access free TOEFL and IELTS practice tests online.)
- Applicants taking the TOEFL must receive a minimum score of
- 600 on the paper-based test (PBT),
- 250 on the computer-based test (CBT), or
- 100 on the internet-based iBT.
- SIT’s code for the internet-based test is 3788, and our name is School for International Training.
- Applicants taking the IELTS must receive a score of Band 7.0 or higher.
- Applicants taking the PTE must receive a minimum score of 68.
These scores are considered the minimum proficiency needed to undertake graduate-level work. Scores must be dated within two years of the start date of your academic program at SIT.
Fecha límite de postulación
Doctorate in Global Education
November 1 priority deadline followed by rolling admissions until the January 31 final deadline
Master of Arts and Graduate Certificates
U.S. students, permanent residents – January 31 priority deadline, followed by rolling admissions until full or final deadlines as noted below:
- Part-Time Hybrid final deadline – April 1
- Full-Time Global final deadline – June 1
Part-Time Hybrid – Your application must be submitted and completed by November 1. No Rolling Admissions. Admissions decisions will be issued by December 1. Offered students must submit a completed Certificate of Finance by January 15 and make payment for the full first semester’s tuition by February 1.
Full-Time Global – Your application must be submitted and completed by January 31. No Rolling Admissions. Admissions decisions will be issued by March 1. Offered students must submit a completed Certificate of Finance by March 15 and make payment for the full first semester’s tuition by April 1.
Tipo de Estudiantes
- 25% international students
Lo Que Dicen Nuestros Estudiantes
My MA program as a whole taught me to take a systems approach to problem solving; to look at the big picture, how each part of the whole interacts with one another, and the individual impacts that this creates. This sort of thinking has been immeasurably helpful in my career as a way to approach issues both large and small.Victoria Dokken, Master of Arts in Climate Change & Global Sustainability ‘19
I really liked the experience-oriented learning—learning by doing—and the opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from other countries.Jesse Routte, Master of Arts in Sustainable Development ‘13
A key benefit of my SIT experience was developing insights into the challenges of a multicultural society in the public sphere, which helped me in my work and worldview.Jaime Tincher, SIT Graduate Institute ‘14
My MA program as a whole taught me to take a systems approach to problem solving; to look at the big picture, how each part of the whole interacts with one another, and the individual impacts that this creates. This sort of thinking has been immeasurably helpful in my career as a way to approach issues both large and small.
I really liked the experience-oriented learning—learning by doing—and the opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from other countries.
A key benefit of my SIT experience was developing insights into the challenges of a multicultural society in the public sphere, which helped me in my work and worldview.
Matrícula & Ayuda Financiera
- Ayuda Financiera Disponible
- Posibilidad de Solicitud de Exención de Tasas
- SIT is committed to ensuring you have the information you need to successfully access funding for your graduate education. SIT’s Financial Aid Office provides guidance on all aspects of graduate financial aid throughout the application process and during your time as a student.