New Ideas. New Perspectives. New Ways to Win.
NEWCO Strategies is a women-led, minority-majority, and majority LGBTQIA+ firm powered by experience, unique perspectives, and diverse lived experiences. We are a full service strategic consulting firm that helps campaigns, organizations, and companies grow strategically and achieve their goals efficiently for maximum impact.
We are political operatives and advocacy strategists with decades of experience having been on the front lines of some of the country’s toughest battles. We activate people. Generate ideas. Shift policies. Develop message. Launch campaigns. Track trends. Produce events. Build coalitions. Win elections.
If you're interested in working to advance any number of progressive causes and campaigns, tackling some of the toughest social justice issues of today, and working with some of the brightest individuals and trailblazing organizations changing the political landscape, send us a note.
What You’re Looking For:
Diverse agency working on some of the biggest political and public affairs challenges in our country. Create and implement innovative approaches to solve complex, present-day challenges and build long-lasting progressive change. Upend the status quo.
What You Would Work On:
- Assist NEWCO Partners and Directors in the development of strategic plans and deliverables for client goals.
- Be a key member of client teams, responsible for keeping track of tasks, producing results and assisting in updating the client week-to-week.
- Help develop and/or execute content strategies to support strategic campaigns.
- Produce sharp, engaging writing for memos, briefs and presentations.
- Conduct research across a number of progressive and social justice issues.
- Draft communications and social media content for clients and NEWCO.
- Provide operational and administrative support for clients and NEWCO.
- Learn and deep-dive into an array of progressive movements and issues, and work alongside some of the most innovative and impactful organizations and campaigns.
What We’re Looking For:
- One to two years of experience as a staffer for a non-profit or political organization, agency, elected official, or media outlet.
- Ability to work in complex and sometimes political situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Great with research and pulling together reports, background briefs, and presentations.
- Ability to connect the dots, synthesize and present insights.
- Experience in communications or digital, with press, graphic design and/or social media very helpful.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities, resourceful and a problem solver.
- Understand, or interest in, progressive organizations, movements, and issues.
- Ability to take initiative and work and organize time independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Must thrive in a hard working, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment required.
- Great sense of humor and team player.
- Must value diversity and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups and people.
The Most Successful Team Members Have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for a more just, equitable, safer world
- Effective organizational skills
- Avid curiosity
- Research and analytical skills
- Fast learner
- Great relationship management and interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Knowledge of communications, advocacy, organizing, and politics
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Cultural competency and value diversity
- Big-picture thinking
As a NEWCO Team Member You Will Get:
- High quality benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental, and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits.
- Competitive salaries.
- Generous holidays and vacation policies.
- Remote and WFH options.
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Monthly Cell phone stipend.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend.
NEWCO Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, immigrants and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. NEWCO is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.