New Ideas. New Perspectives. New Ways to Win.
NEWCO Strategies is a women-led, minority-majority, and majority LGBTQIA+ firm powered by experience, unique perspectives, and diverse lived experiences. We are a full service strategic consulting firm that helps campaigns, organizations, and companies grow strategically and achieve their goals efficiently for maximum impact.
We are political operatives and advocacy strategists with decades of experience having been on the front lines of some of the country’s toughest battles. We activate people. Generate ideas. Shift policies. Develop message. Launch campaigns. Track trends. Produce events. Build coalitions. Win elections.
If you're interested in working to advance any number of progressive causes and campaigns, tackling some of the toughest social justice issues of today, and working with some of the brightest individuals and trailblazing organizations changing the political landscape, send us a note.
What You’re Looking For:
Diverse agency working on some of the biggest political and public affairs challenges in our country. Create and implement innovative approaches to solve complex, present-day challenges and build long-lasting progressive change. Upend the status quo.
What You Would Work On:
- Provide high-level strategy recommendations and assist in the development of strategies for client goals.
- Be the primary point of contact for certain clients, responsible for producing results and updating the client week-to-week.
- Proactively problem-solve, be resourceful and develop solutions to challenges.
- Project manage client projects from beginning to end, ensuring benchmarks are met and deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Develop and execute strategies to support client campaigns and programs.
- Produce sharp, engaging and high-quality writing for client deliverables, reports, memos, presentations, etc.
- Build and develop relationships with clients, partners, vendors, grasstops and grassroots, and movement leaders.
- Support general business development, including proposal development and participating in pitches.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Be a main representative of NEWCO and go-to expert on specific client work, pitch calls, events, and relationship building.
- Learn and deep-dive into an array of progressive movements and issues, and work alongside some of the most innovative and impactful organizations and campaigns.
What We’re Looking For:
- Five to six years of experience as a staffer for an agency, elected official, media outlet, or advocacy/political organization.
- Have management experience as a supervisor.
- Strong project management experience.
- Possess superior organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Active listening skills and strong emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work with elected leaders, grasstops and grassroots leaders and staff in complex and sometimes political situations.
- Ability to act and organize time with extreme independence and efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple "priority" projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups and people.
- Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders within the progressive landscape.
- Understanding of progressive organizations, movements and issues.
- Digital and social media experience is a plus.
- Second language fluency including written and verbal interpretation is also a plus.
The Most Successful Team Members Have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for a more just, equitable, safer world
- Effective organizational skills
- Avid curiosity
- Research and analytical skills
- Fast learner
- Great relationship management and interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Knowledge of communications, advocacy, organizing, and politics
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Cultural competency and value diversity
- Big-picture thinking
As A NEWCO Team Member You Will Get:
- High quality benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental, and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits.
- Competitive salaries.
- Generous holidays and vacation policies.
- Remote and WFH options.
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Monthly Cell phone stipend.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend.
NEWCO Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, immigrants and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. NEWCO is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.