ResultsLab helps nonprofits, communities, philanthropy, public agencies, and social ventures to use data to accelerate positive change. We uniquely equip our clients with the data mindset, skill set, and tool set necessary to be more impactful in the important work they do. We engage in a variety of projects from training and technical assistance with cohorts of service providers, to one-on-one work with individual organizations, to direct evaluation services, all with the greater goal to improve program rigor, align measurement strategies to organizational/community needs, and increase capacity to use data for improvement.
The Senior Impact Consultant role is instrumental in shaping and driving our work forward. Within this position you will lead a variety of direct consulting projects with nonprofits, communities, philanthropic and government agencies and play a supporting role in continuing to grow our impact footprint. On a daily basis you will find yourself engaging in a variety of efforts from designing and leading evaluation studies, facilitating strategic design or data use dialogues, or bringing your experience and perspective into our training and thought leadership initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
Measurement & Insight Planning and Delivery
- Lead measurement strategy and design - supporting the development of learning questions and overall methodology to inform these questions.
- Oversee the development and documentation of measurement strategies and plans, including the identification of indicators and optimal data collection methods.
- Lead the design and implementation of data collection practices, including surveys, focus groups, social listening, and participatory data collection techniques.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and Use
- Lead data management and data analysis to ensure overall data integrity and to identify insights from the data, maintaining a strong focus on equity throughout the process
- Develop clear and compelling data communication products that fit the needs of the intended audience, ranging from full reports to short summaries, to visual presentations, to infographics.
- Facilitate data use processes to bring the data to life and lead the client, partner, practitioner, or targeted community to identify actions to take based on the data
Coaching and Training
- Develop training and technical assistance plans to meet the needs of a variety of clients
- Deliver high quality technical support and coaching to organizations and communities in one-on-one and group-based formats consistent with adult learning frameworks
- Coach a variety of organizational roles (leadership, program leadership, evaluation) on data use cycles to improve program and organizational performance
- Develop written materials (i.e. toolkits, playbooks, summary decks) to encompass developments in program design, program implementation, performance measurement, and evaluation.
- Design coaching or training sessions, right sizing the content, language, and approach to align with the needs of a wide variety of audiences.
Strategy and Project Management
- Manage the overall design and implementation of projects, executing on deliverables in a timely, high-quality way and communicating progress to nonprofit client and ResultsLab team members.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and support to team members.
- Manage client communications and expectations.
- Steward high-quality relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Structure project team feedback mechanisms and incorporate improvements to work
Organizational Development and Growth
- Identify new business or partnership opportunities for ResultsLab
- Support the development and stewarding of new or continued business through proposals and consultations
- Evaluate projects and initiatives and set plans for improvement
- Support the development and delivery of thought leadership strategies, including blogs, workshops, and presentations
- Contribute to organizational goals, including special projects and cross cutting initiatives.
- Strategize with the ResultsLab team on new product lines and services
What’ll Make You Successful:
- Either a master’s degree in a related field and at least 7 years direct experience OR 10 years direct experience in evaluation and/or performance measurement, specifically conducting data collection, data management, analysis, and data visualization or communication.
- Experience leading evaluations, including process, outcome, and developmental evaluations
- Demonstrated ability helping organizations integrate data into their decisions
- Demonstrated ability designing and implementing learning practices, with strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to center evaluation, learning and strategy work in principles of equity
- Demonstrated experience creating evaluation products that are clear, compelling and customized to serve the intended audience.
- Ability to bring to life evaluation concepts or insights to inspire action and/or learning.
- Ability to earn the trust of others and develop relationships with team members, clients, and partners.
- Ability to work in a variety of forms, working independently, as part of a project team, and a project lead
- Strong desire to contribute to a collaborative team atmosphere, dive in where needed, and learn new skills as needed to support excellent service to our clients.
- Advanced practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and strong data visualization skills in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative analysis tools such as NVivo, Atlas.ti, Dedoose, or other comparable tools
- Demonstrated experience in data reporting and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or comparable packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt language and approach to align with the audience.
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate solutions, and gain support from stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Expertise in one of our strategic areas of focus: K-12, youth development, family stability, workforce development.
- Experience working within a nonprofit, foundation, or government agency.
- Exposure to and experience using one or more data management systems, such as Salesforce, ETO, Apricot, mySQL, or others and a willingness to learn additional systems.
- Working knowledge of R, SPSS, or comparable analytic packages.
- Spanish language proficiency.
We are a national organization and welcome applicants from across the country. We are a fully remote team at this time, so incoming candidates need to be very comfortable with a remote working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
ResultsLab cultivates an inclusive, flexible, and innovative work environment finding new solutions for impact in the social sector and focusing on excellence for those we serve.
The ideal candidate will increase our ability to connect with and develop strong working relationships with the diverse communities served by our client organizations. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from, or who have worked closely with, historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, first or second-generation immigrants, and all socioeconomic backgrounds.