You have a customer first attitude paired with an effortless and efficient communication style. You enjoy building and maintaining relationships, while working within a cross-functional environment. You are known for your ability to think both logically and creatively and can apply these methods to new situations and projects. You use your excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly troubleshoot problems and identify root causes.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Product Support Specialist performs a wide variety of coordination tasks with minimum supervision. Oversees product maintenance and development and works in conjunction with Learning & Practice team to ensure that all assigned products keep to the specified timeline and budget. Interacts with staff, outside vendors, and volunteers. Serves as primary point of contact for Customer Service issues. Manages correspondence with vendors and communicates with other volunteer leadership groups as directed. Role requires professionalism, discretion, cross-organizational collaboration, and the ability to monitor and support simultaneous projects.
General Product Support
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers by phone, web, email; works with vendor on troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Maintains FAQ knowledge database for assigned products based on common issues.
- Works with stakeholders, finance, and marketing to track revenue, expenses, invoices, ensures products are set up in AMS and eCatalog.
- Support stakeholder decision-making by maintaining current and accurate sales and usage reports for the entire coding portfolio.
- Assist with slides and other meeting materials as needed for internal and external meetings.
- Delivers product demonstrations and enables trials; tracks sales conversions for all products.
- Participates in ongoing quality assurance efforts for all new enhancements prior to release.
Know the Product
- Works with Marketing to introduce coding portfolio enhancements to the market and provides content and creative input for program marketing and promotions.
- Supports specific launch goals and strategies; assists with go-to-market plans and supporting documentation, sales aids, and other necessary materials.
- Collaborates on all communication efforts, including social media campaigns to drive engagement in target markets.
- Works with Customer Service, TDS, and Finance stakeholders to ensure invoices are created and deployed according to the billing calendar.
- Supports collaboration with membership department and product users to collect feedback and provide product support.
- Prepares licensing royalty reports for Manager approval prior to submission to copyright holders.
- Contributes content and feature recommendations based on user feedback.
- Works with vendor to price out product improvements and inform product roadmap.
- Collaborates with Courses team to update the online calendar as well as detailed course information on the AAOS website. Maintain course web pages through Optimizely and AMS platforms. Ensure accuracy of course information posted on the AAOS website. Enter all course details in AMS to activate course and open for registration including registration fee categories, course description and objectives, faculty, and CME information.
- Oversees the preparation of the course materials and evaluations.
- Ensures all required faculty forms are submitted, and all faculty disclosures are current and available to course registrants.
- Coordinates distribution of material (i.e. LMS, OVT) to enhance program content to deliver a seamless member experience.
- Maintains appropriate communication with course directors, faculty, and other necessary personnel to ensure all aspects of course readiness.
- Notifies customer service with critical dates or requirements for registration.
- Coordinates post course final documentation to include:
- Summary of course results, including key takeaways from course evaluations.
- Oversees registration updates (recording no-shows and on-site registrants) and CME credit information.
- Ensures CME credits are posted to attendee and faculty transcripts and communicate with registrants the process of claiming CME credits online.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Previous experience with customer support (internal and external).
- Experience in deployment of continuing education (virtual/in-person).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Healthcare knowledge
- Association experience
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to commute weekly to this office.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas.
JOB CODE: 1000050