Our client, a higher education nonprofit organization in DC, is seeking a temporary Marketing Specialist to cover for an employee on maternity leave. This position will start ASAP and end on April 1st 2022. The position will begin remotely but starting in January this person will be required to go into the office a few days per week. Covid-19 vaccination is required.
- Interact with internal clients to understand their needs and suggest enhancements to their products or service.
- Draft marketing plan matching primary audience with the proper variety of marketing channels to achieve goals.
- Draft emails, edit webpages, draft social media copy for the biggest ROI.
- Test channels and audiences for best results, report back to clients and adjust marketing plan as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting with data cleanup efforts.
- BS or BA in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Strong relationship management and rapport-building skills to include the ability to work with all levels of internal stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement targeted marketing campaigns and promotions to support programs, services, and membership
- Ability to develop email campaigns, including testing and segmentation strategy
- Ability to develop copy for product positioning, website, and campaign assets
- Experience with a CRM or AMS platform, and an email marketing platform
- Experience with social media marketing
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and/or ClickDimensions
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Higher Education marketing background
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience with a social media marketing platform such as Hootsuite
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer