Assistant Director of Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning
The Assistant Director of Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning reports to the Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies. This position supports Sarah Lawrence College's growing non-degree and non-credit bearing online and on-site continuing education and community engagement programs in their efforts to expand access to education and serve the needs of a changing workforce across the local community, the nation, and beyond. The Assistant Director works closely with the Dean of Graduate, and Professional Studies and the Director of Administration to support and assist with implementation of the College's vision and strategy for online and on-site non-degree education and will have primary systems and data management responsibility for Lumens Pro, Canvas, and other registration, enrollment, and learning management systems necessary for the successful implementation of Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning programs.
Essential Duties Summary
Coordination and oversight of non-degree and non-credit educational programs
- This position will support program directors in coordinating and overseeing non-degree/non-credit educational programs, including summer programming
- This position will work closely with the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Associate Dean of the College, the Dean of Graduate & Professional Studies and individual program directors as they develop strategies and plans for expanding the offerings at Sarah Lawrence College
- Works closely with on-campus and community partners, assisting with discovery, planning and implementation of new non-degree and non-credit programs
- Works closely with key stakeholders to coordinate the overall work of the College in non-credit and non-degree granting programming
- This position will be responsible for monitoring the status of all programs and managing relationships with 3rd party vendors as needed
- Assists with the establishment of program budgets for all programs. This includes working closely with program directors and the Assistant Vice President for Finance.
- Data entry, systems analysis, data reporting, end user support in multiple registration, enrollment, and learning management systems
- Data entry, systems analysis, and data reporting coordination with the Director of Graduate Admissions for all certificate programs
- Serve as project manager for exploring new registration systems for non-credit and non-degree granting program, including taking the lead on implementation and usage across the College
- Lead training sessions in various systems that fall under their purview for staff and faculty working on non-credit programs, this includes creating training schedules and training materials (videos, handouts etc.)
- Create and maintain schedules for adding new non-credit programs to new registration systems
- Serve as the point person for questions and issues re: systems and communicate them to the appropriate help desk/areas of the college
- Provide regular assessment of how systems are working for the needs of the College and make recommendations as necessary for adjustments or optimization
- Coordinate with finance office on all financial reconciliation from systems that include tuition or payment
The required/preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Work closely with Dean of Graduate and Professional Programs, Director of Administration, and program directors to identify key data collection, analysis, and maintenance methods for program maintenance, internal reporting and evaluation, and external review within the areas of Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning
- Manage reports from systems in a way that data is readily available to key stakeholders as well as program directors and managers
- Review data with program directors regularly to ensure reliability and validity
- Communicate data trends to program directors and the Dean of Graduate and Professional Programs
- Provide data or insights from systems for marketing plans
Requirements for Employment
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Relevant educational and/or professional experience in non-credit and non-degree granting programming
- Experience managing registration, enrollment, and learning management systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an institution of higher education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise discretion and mature judgment and manage multiple priorities at once
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills, including planning and project management skills
- Data management and data analysis experience, including survey design tools such at Survey Monkey and/or Qualtrics
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit resume and a cover letter outlining your interests in the position. Position open until filled.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who submit an application by June 3, 2022.
To apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1777