The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and creative individual to join the External Programs team. The External Programs Assistant will interact cross-functionally within the organization and externally with grantees and partners as needed. You will be part of the External Programs team, focusing across all programs, including the extramural grants awards program, the student and teacher education and outreach program, the gender equity program, and others as they arise.
What you'll do:
- Provides overall administrative, logistical, and project-level support on all NYSCF's external programs (i.e., extramural grants and STEM education programs) including program-related events
- Assists with developing, implementing and improving operational systems for external grant programs
- Provides administrative assistance for all pre- and post-award processes
- Provides administrative and logistical assistance for the education and outreach programs including the NYSCF Internship Program, Family Stem Cell Day, the Stem Cell Research Immersive Experience, NYSCF Research Institute visits and others, as needed
- Maintains and updates the grants management system and education program application systems
- Assists with the coordination of annual grant and education program timelines, including program launches and submission deadlines
- Responds to inquiries from applicants, grantees and institutional administrators as needed for both education programs and grant award programs
- Organizes grant and education program applications for review
- Provides pre- and post-administrative support for extramural grant scientific review meetings
- Assists in the maintenance of all program-related templates, grantee reporting, and database award records
- Works with the Finance team to ensure timely payment to grantee institutions
- Manages database entries for the External Programs team
- Assists in organizing and updating program policies and processes
- Generates, organizes and prepares data for reporting across programs by staying current on grantee accomplishments and achievements, including but not limited to, publications, awards, honors, clinical trials, inventions, and patent applications
- Assists in reporting to funders across external programs
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Up to one year of experience in an operational and/or administrative role, preference for previous foundation or nonprofit experience
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to operational excellence
- Ability to work independently and with a multidisciplinary team
- Eagerness to grow a career at a fast-paced, entrepreneurial nonprofit
- Adaptable problem solver who is willing to help where needed
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required, with the ability to work with/across a range of disciplines
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/E5z7DDUO2DKBFlRGFXadQ" />