Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a Senior Director of HR for immediate hire for our client, a locally-based organization dedicated to providing services and care to enhance the lives of those in need. This is a Direct Hire, hybrid opportunity located in Lynnwood, WA.
As the Senior Director of HR, you will bring your strong interpersonal skills and background in Human Resources to help build the organization’s culture, serve as a supervisor and mentor to a team of two, and focus on workforce development and training.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Bring new and challenging ideas to the CEO and serve as a mentor and coach for the HR department and internal employees
- Create, implement, align, and evaluate all internal and external HR processes
- Monitor and align all stages of the employee life cycle
- Understand and react to the needs of the organization by developing and maintaining staff relationships
- Assist organizational leadership in establishing and maintaining equitable supervisory methods and monitoring conflict resolution
- Create and maintain a comprehensive, DEI focused recruitment process and training program for staff
- Participate in organizational development and strategic planning
- Investigate and respond to all claims of discrimination, harassment, or employee relations issues by conducting investigations or partnering with external consultants
- Conduct employee initiatives, such as recognition programs, focus groups, and other internal staff committees
- Monitor HR policies, operating procedures, and Employee Handbook to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and State employment laws
- Supervise and administer employee benefit programs that ensure competitive and equitable compensation and benefits
- Oversee internal processes, annual background checks, driver abstracts, unemployment claims, COBRA, and L&I claims
- Ensure OSHA & WISHA compliance and reporting while monitoring internal safety programs
- Guide employees through the family medical leave processes, reasonable accommodation process, and Washington State’s paid family and medical leave program
- Work with the CFO to develop and maintain budgets, and work with the payroll accountant to ensure timely and accurate payroll and benefits processing, billing, and reconciliation
- Maintain best practices for record retention and ensure high confidentiality when managing internal HRIS (Paylocity) and personal files
What You Have to Offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources Manager in a Nonprofit Organization
- PHR Certification is preferred
- SHRM Certification is preferred
- Ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the table
- This position with our client requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, the client is asking all workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID -19 by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason we will explore the appropriate reasonable accommodation.
Compensation & Additional Details:
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 annually
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm
- Location: Hybrid role with onsite days in Lynnwood, WA
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, 401K, PTO and Paid Holidays, EAP and Bereavement Leave
About Our Firm:
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2021, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.