A Bay Area social impact organization is seeking a Program Operations Lead for A Systems & Complexity Team. The Systems & Complexity Team exists to cultivate the conditions and practices for complexity consciousness and systems change work within a family of philanthropies, supporting teams on their learning journeys by curating content, programs, and facilitated spaces.
The Role - Program Operations Lead
As part of a highly collaborative group that values experimentation and learning, this associate-level role is the heartbeat of the team’s work. Working cross-functionally, you’ll lead workplan development and execution for a variety of products, events, and programs.
In your day-to-day you’ll ensure deadlines are met and experiences are delivered in alignment with the team’s core values. You can expect to wear many hats as you keep projects moving forward and implement best-in-class operations. You will report to the Director of Systems & Complexity.
You are highly motivated, energetic, and knowledgeable with the ability to tackle the many components of this role, including:
- Lead operations for team products, events, and programs in partnership with teammates
- Lead workplan development and execution in line with strategic priorities.
- Support production of virtual events including building technical run of show, live tech direction/stage management, creating post-event records, etc.
- Support production of in-person offerings including developing program materials, handling onsite vendor logistics, etc.
- Sustain user experience for members of the Community of Practice including doing member on/off-boarding, data management, survey creation, etc.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and project templates.
- Manage project timelines and budgets as well as vendor contracts and invoices.
- Conduct research and synthesize findings on key topics
- Stay current on the latest in philanthropy and the systems & complexity fields and synthesize learnings into shareable, compelling formats.
- Source and maintain databases tracking consultants and relevant organizations.
- Contribute to team communications and creative strategy
- Manage monthly communication calendar, ensuring multi-stakeholder campaigns stay on track.
- Support podcast production including scheduling interviews, routing materials to external vendors, consolidating stakeholder input, and publishing content.
- Edit and add content to an online library of systems and complexity resources.
- Provide copywriting, editing, and light design support as needed.
- Contribute to team culture and effectiveness
- Offer thought partnership to teammates.
- Contribute to team health and development activities.
- Set and pursue individual growth goals.
Who You Are:
- A Nimble and Adaptive Orchestrator. You stay organized and on task while also seeing the big picture. You've worked on a variety of projects in multiple team configurations and you’re ready for more.
- A Details Lover. You are meticulous about the quality of everything you put into the world. Even on the 37th slide, you ensure the font-size and background color is on-point.
- A Strategic Thinker. You think in systems, not silos.
- A Do-er. As part of a high-performing team, new tasks and opportunities often present themselves quickly. You excel at self-management, having boundaries, and getting things done.
- A Collaborator. Working across cultural lines on a dispersed team, you easily gain trust and set others up for success. You know you don’t have all the answers and take pride in knowing everyone’s sweet spots, bringing them in at just the right time.
- Self-aware with Low Ego. You’ve done the work to get to know yourself and it shows in the quality of your relationships. You value authenticity, kindness, gratitude, and intellectual humility.
- Committed to JEDI. You bring an equity lens to all your work and are committed to walking the talk.
What You'll Need
- 3-6 years of professional experience (this team is background agnostic and excited by candidates with unique work histories).
- The ability to translate complex topics into simple language. Can participate appropriately in executive settings and tailor communications to a range of internal colleagues.
- Resiliency in the face of change, and the ability to adapt work and goals to meet the demands of a changing global context.
- The confidence to assert influence in meeting deadlines, ensuring the team stays on track with critical deliverables and communication timelines.
- Awareness of systems & complexity thinking/systems change.