Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a Director of Development for immediate hire for a private school located in Seattle, WA.
As the Director of Development, you will bring your background in Nonprofit fundraising and connection to our mission to help cultivate positive relationships both inside and outside of the school and our community.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage coding, architecture, and reporting in the Veracross database system.
- Assist in the development of campaign ads and solicitation materials, coordinate the disbursement of materials, and contact potential contributors
- Plan and coordinate programs and fundraising activities to promote the annual giving and planned giving among alumni, faculty, and the community
- Develop and maintain personal contact with potential donors
- Work with committees, parent council, and alumni volunteers to assist in campaigns
- Create and promote ideas and methods for successful planned giving and major gifts
- Develop marketing materials to encourage and educate planned giving
- Oversee alumni relations and help to develop and promote activities to involve alumni and secure interest in future giving
- Manage, organize, and provide support for special events
- Act as a liaison between the development and business offices, record data, and produce all reports for tracking fundraising
- Maintain accurate biographical and gift data and assist with questions surrounding that data
What You Have to Offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 4+ years of experience as a Director of Development
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
- 4+ years of experience in Nonprofit Fundraising
- Experience in K-12 Education is preferred
- Experience with Veracross or any other donor databases is required
- This position with our client requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, the client is asking all workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID -19 by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason we will explore the appropriate reasonable accommodation.
Compensation & Additional Details:
- Salary: $110,000 - $115,000 annually
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pm with flexibility for special events
- Location: Onsite in Seattle, WA
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Free Parking
- Medical Insurance including RX, Dental Insurance, Vision Coverage, Flexible Spending Account, Section 125 Plan, 403b with employer match, Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays!
About Our Firm:
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2020, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.