Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Digital Communications Specialist who will manage Women Engaged.org digital communications portfolio that consistently articulates Women Engaged’s mission and strategic direction. The Digital Communications Specialist will work closely with the communications team, consultants, and WE staff. The position reports to COO.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong digital skillset, as well as graphic design. They will oversee and grow WomenEngaged.org online reach through digital channels, including our social media channels, website properties, and creative digital assets such as video, graphics, and other creative. This position is perfect for someone excited about helping execute engagement programs.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.womenengaged.org
- Work with the COO and Communication Consultants to develop, manage, and track outcomes of our digital communications strategies, as well as ensure that our strategies align with our organizational goals, including our social media channels, website and email distribution;
- Assist in developing compelling email and web copy for fundraising, engagement, and advocacy campaigns;
- Manage paid digital ad strategy, including placing ads, making ad buys and tracking, measuring, optimizing, and reporting ad performance;
- Measure and optimize our digital platforms and channels to maximize impact to expand our digital footprint;
- Manage and develop digital assets, including videos, graphic design, and other digital products;
- Identify opportunities—and develop materials to promote and publicize organizational initiatives
- Draft social media and website content and execute other key tactics for successful digital strategy;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who should apply
For this position, we are seeking creative, passionate candidates who are experienced in executing digital communications strategies, including writing social media, website and email content. You should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- An excellent eye for, and commitment to, storytelling and representing Women Engaged mission through digital content
- Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work
- Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Substantial digital communications experience
- Experienced with developing and managing digital assets, including videos, graphic design, and other digital products
- Exceptional problem solving and strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area.
The salary for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 Women Engaged also offers a generous benefits package.
The hours for this position are 9:30am-5:30pm including some evenings and weekends.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal - Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful - Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful - Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading - We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence - We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging - We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.
NRG Consulting Group is taking the lead on this search, if you have any questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org