Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for performing HR-related duties and support staff across the agency. The HR Generalist will carry out responsibilities in recruitment and on-boarding, Kokomo training, communication, and policy implementation. The HR Generalist will partner with the Director and Deputy Director in creating a department culture that promotes trust, transparency and collaboration among all members of staff.
- Oversees the recruitment process, makes recommendations for improvements to hiring managers as needed.
- Performs full-cycle recruiting as needed for hard-to-fill positions.
- Utilize various resources (Indeed, Zip Recruiter, etc.) to post, search, and screen for new candidates / create a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Develop innovative strategies to reach candidates.
- Ability to track, analyze, and update recruitment metrics via Excel and/or HRM software.
- Support other HR functions and administration of procedures and administration, as needed.
- Maintain the Applicant Tracking System, ensuring data is entered properly.
- Make job offers to all final candidates.
- Conduct orientation and onboarding for all new hires.
- Initiate applicable background checks.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure they receive any support needed for their new hires.
- Welcome new employees with the onboarding kit.
- Collect paperwork and other related documents from the new hire.
- Stay up to date with innovative and creative ways of onboarding new employees.
- Use COVID-19 tracking tool to administer daily screening survey, and confirm weekly negative PCR testing results.
- Collect and record relevant information into the database system with accuracy.
- Communicate with staff in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
- Manage positive COVID-19 cases and contact staff with CDC guidelines.
- Provide staff with approved (CDC Guidelines) information about isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Provide weekly reports to Director and Deputy of cases across the Agency.
- Provide trainings on HR systems (Applicant Tracking System).
- Edit job descriptions and draft personnel announcements.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Stays up to date with new federal and state regulations.
- Assist with HR-related agency-wide staff events such as the Holiday Party, annual staff recognition ceremony, annual staff picnic, etc.
- Answers day-to-day employee inquires in areas such as paid time off, payroll, compensation, recruiting.
- Ensures employee compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other department or agency-related duties and special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelors' Degree required.
- Minimum of five years in the same or similar position.
- Must have extensive knowledge of human resources functions including but not limited to recruitment and retention, employee benefits and employee relations.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with employees throughout the organization.
- Must be collaborative, passionate, and creative and support diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and reporting.
- Experience conducting HR related trainings.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills and the ability to plan for and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and manage responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Understanding of and ability to work with people of diverse national, ethnic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Commitment to working to end Domestic Violence.
- Interfaces with all staff throughout the organization on HR related issues within the span of their responsibilities.
Minimum Salary: $58,500
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/E5XZgqtOpV7jUlRGF62wq" />