We are partnering with a DC medical nonprofit that has an immediate need for a temporary Logistics Coordinator to support their Logistics Management team in the Education Division. This team supports meetings, events, and logistics for programs across the organization.
Seeking a logistics coordinator to who will roll their sleeves up, have a sense of urgency, and excellent customer service. We are looking for a naturally confident person with a polished, professional attitude willing to take initiative and work well independently. Given work assignments will come from multiple colleagues is also important that the individual have an innate desire to learn, take feedback constructively, and possess strong communication skills.
- ASAP - June 30th (approx)
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week); hybrid 4 days in-office and 1 day remote (near Dupont Circle)
- Core hours of 9:30am - 4pm with flexibility to start slightly earlier or later
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate scheduling for meetings with stakeholders both internal and external to the College, including members
- Collect and summarize RFP proposals
- Print badges, name tent cards, wi-fi tent cards, etc. for in person events at Heart House
- Research information required for participant event communications (i.e., local airport(s), ground transfers options and estimated travel time, etc.)
- Assist with proof-reading and editing banquet event orders with Logistics Managers
- Assist with invoice and department chargeback coding with budget cost centers and account codes
- Generate weekly meeting room reports detailing logistical specifications per requirements
- Coordinate food and beverage requirements and menus with offsite catering company and communicate information to colleagues and clients, making adjustments as needed to get to finalization
- Make transient hotel room reservations and track invoicing/payment, following up with hotels as needed to make room adjustments and/or to obtain billing information
- Proof hotel confirmations against rooming lists and cross check hotel billing against final rooming lists
- Print Conference Center event signage, place easels and switch out/remove signage based on defined schedule
- Check meeting rooms against function sheets (i.e., required setup) prior to start time(s), during break(s), etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple projects and associated tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and maintain timelines (prior experience supporting corporate meetings/events strongly preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills that support teaming with multiple internal colleagues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of Products (i.e., Teams, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Professional