Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.?
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
POSITION OVERVIEW: NYCEDC's Grants Department is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the management of each project as it relates to grants, from grant application through closeout. The Grants Department coordinates with NYCEDC Project Managers and other departments to ensure appropriate oversight of all grants, including legal and fiscal compliance, financial management, reporting and reimbursement.
The SPM Grants Project Management reports to the AVP Grants Portfolio Management. The SPM Grants Portfolio Management oversees project management for the NYCEDC grants portfolio.
Primary internal clients for this position are the Grants Director, Head of Finance, CFO and EDC department project managers. The major external clients are city agencies including OMB, Department of Small Business Services, NYCDOT and Parks, and grantors including USDOT, HUD, FEMA, NYS and LMDC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordination, oversight and communication to facilitate management of grant funded EDC projects from grant award through closeout. For each grant-funded project, grants project management includes but is not limited to:
- Coordination with grantors and other agencies
- Management of cross functional staff with project portfolios
- Conformance of EDC to subrecipient agreement terms and requirements
- Conformance of subordinate organizations to agreement terms and conditions
- Record keeping and documentation of all activities, costs and beneficiaries
- Financial management including internal controls, budgeting and accounting practices
- Requests for drawdowns of grant funds from the City of New York
- Advising project teams about applicable Federal, State and local compliance requirements
- Reviewing and approving invoices, change orders, and contract amendments
- Maintaining up-to-date information in EDC's Grants Management System (GMS)
- Providing audit support including but not limited to locating and preparing files, responding to requests for information
- Representing EDC with external partners and grantors
- Planning and administration activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree. Project management experience strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant project management experience. Federal grant management experience, including experience with grant audits preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze legal and financial documents.
- Knowledge of City, State or Federal government operations is a plus including understanding of budgeting, grant and contract management and public procurement.
- Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) processes as well as experience working with FMS (New York City's Financial Management System) preferred.
- Capable user of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database management experience helpful.
- Critical thinker with ability to define problems and identify and execute timely solutions.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized individual, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- A cover letter is required to be considered for this position.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us:?NYCEDC is New York City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city's competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other?perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce?where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at?edc.nyc.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/k5Aka7cJm8RqfXjVI4eRr" />