Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts has supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position
Dimagi is seeking a Marketing Operations and Analytics Manager to lead our marketing data, automation, and analytics strategy, optimize our marketing processes and support high-performing marketing campaigns. This position is open to remote employment in North America and can also be based out of our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, you will work with a small marketing team largely focused on supporting our SaaS (Software as a Service) Division’s goals while also supporting Dimagi’s other divisions. You will be the lead on Dimagi’s marketing stack, working in Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and additional tools to effectively build awareness for Dimagi, nurture leads, and drive overall demand for CommCare. You will be in charge of keeping our systems running smoothly, collecting accurate data and turning it into insights from our ongoing campaigns, and partnering with Dimagi’s divisional marketers to set up, measure, and test new marketing campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small, motivated team in support of improving lives globally.
- Marketing operations strategy: Drive annual marketing operations & CRM strategy, including capability building, testing & optimization, and analytics reporting.
- HubSpot and lead data ownership: Take the lead on our HubSpot instance, including setting up lead nurturing campaigns, designing lead scoring, optimizing lead flows, and orchestrating email campaigns to drive qualified leads to sales. Ensure a smooth integration of HubSpot with other analytical tools, including Salesforce and Google Analytics, and keep documentation on data flows. Gather needs for lead and prospect data from other teams (Sales, Product, Customer Success, Support, or Ops teams) and propose solutions to make data accessible. Work with our Product and product development team to enhance the data sets available in HubSpot. Ensure completeness and accuracy of all data.
- Campaign effectiveness measurement: Consult with Dimagi’s marketing leads and other team members on their divisions’ campaign goals, developing and implementing measurement frameworks and terms of success for each campaign
- Big picture analytics storytelling: Tie together multiple data analytics sources across platforms from website, to social media, to CRM, to ad spend, to SEO, etc. What is the larger story, and what are the pieces that create that story? What are our areas of opportunity?
- Marketing metrics analysis and reporting: Build dashboards and reports on marketing spend and ROI, top of funnel pipeline generation and conversion, lead generation and scoring, and other marketing metrics and data. Provide guidance on ways to segment our marketing and sales funnel and to measure conversion improvements. Pull data from Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and more to create a cohesive marketing metrics dashboard.
- Improved targeting and list management: Working with our divisions’ marketing leads, developing a keen understanding of our audience personas across divisions, segmenting our audience for improved targeting and more effective campaigns. Support the marketing campaign manager and divisional marketing leads to set up target audiences for email marketing campaigns and measure effectiveness.
- Company-wide metrics: Adapt and maintain a database of statistics about Dimagi’s global scale, reach, and impact for use across Dimagi’s internal team.
- Marketing tech stack ownership: Research and make recommendations on new marketing technology applications to consider.
- Share learnings: Develop knowledge base and build a culture of knowledge sharing through periodic shareouts, development of best practice documents, creating wrap-up reports for relevant events, campaigns, and A/B tests, and conducting post-mortems to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence in execution.
- Pivoting based on needs: Flexibility to adapt to marketing responsibilities as needs arise, both from our team as well as in response to the international development industry
At the core of this position, we are looking for a smart, capable, and driven individual. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, ideally with a focus on strategic marketing operations, marketing automation, CRM, lifecycle marketing, campaign execution, audience segmentation, and/or marketing analytics
- Understanding of marketing best practices, data analysis, website analytics, and performance metrics
- Experience using relevant marketing software, including HubSpot, Google Analytics, Salesforce, etc. Bonus if you are certified in any of these tools
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and provide insights and recommendations to inform marketing decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to work cross-functionally across teams, keeping stakeholders apprised of plans and performance
- Analytical mindset with the ability to clearly measure proposals for investment areas and adapt those proposals based on outcomes
- Highly organized and adept at using project management software of choice, including charting their roadmap, direction, managing requests, etc.
- Experience building marketing strategies and driving marketing campaigns focused on clear and compelling calls to action
- Eligible to work in the country you are based in
- Demonstrated experience in or commitment to social impact, social entrepreneurship, or international development causes
- Experience in inbound marketing tactics
- Experience in paid digital advertising
- Growth mindset and a healthy sense of curiosity
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.