Engineering Specialist 2 – Local Agency Assistant
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Region 1
Project Services Section – Local Agency Unit
We are looking for a motivated person to join our Local Agency Program staff. In this role, you assist the local agency liaisons in the management of projects using both state and federal transportation funds. This involves using your administrative skills to help with grants and contracts, along with building your engineering skills through preliminary engineering work.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Administers accounting, reporting, and other management requirements with grant recipients or contractors. Reviews local agency and consultant invoices for accuracy or correctness, and preparation for payment. Assists in safeguarding the integrity of administration or contracted services and protecting the agency from financial losses due to adverse legal action or audit irregularities.
- Reviews and solicits comments on prospectuses prepared for new and revised projects; drafts final prospectus from comments received.
- Develops, monitors and updates databases and project files. Helps to carry out delivering specific duties as directed by unit Manager.
- Reviews plans, prospectuses, agreements, schedules, budgets, progress reports, or other grant/contract monitoring instruments to ensure contract or grant/program performance. Identifies and resolves problems, assists in assuring appropriate and timely correction of grant administration and/or contract compliance issues.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of preliminary engineering, right-of-way, and construction authorization requests to obtain approval of Federal funds. Participates in occasional job-site reviews. Coordinates requests for intergovernmental agreements for preliminary engineering, right-of-way, and construction projects.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you?
- We have a total compensation calculator that factors in the value of your benefits as an employee of the State of Oregon. Accounting for this, the estimated total annual compensation for this position is $72,304 - $100,885!
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- Three and one-half years (42 months) of sub-professional engineering experience.
- An Associate's degree in Engineering technology from a community college or technical school of engineering and two years of experience directly related to engineering.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.