Position: Youth Art Program Manager (Jordan Club)
Major responsibility is to oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the club’s arts program areas for youth ages 6-18. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of program staff and department budget.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with department staff, provide a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Arts Program. The Director will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc. Individual responsibilities include, but not limited to, oversight of all arts programming including, but not limited to, visual, performing (based on club), culinary and literary arts.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Manage and oversee BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
- Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Coordinate volunteers and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Orient, train and supervise department staff (including work-study students, junior staff, volunteers). Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain cleanliness of program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands):
- BA/BS in related field preferred, equivalent experience considered.
- Direct experience developing and delivering arts programs for youth; experience in out-of-school time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in arts programming, techniques and theory, and utilization of technology in the arts fields.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: 12:30PM - 8:00PM
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston requires all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with State and Federal Laws, employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious objection may qualify for an exemption to this requirement.