At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers in government, international institutions, the private sector, and civil society. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of more than 200 employees working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
Works with the CRM Manager to help administer the CSIS Customer Relationship Management and Broadcast Email systems. As the CRM Associate, you will be providing technical expertise to the CRM users and wider business, while also carrying out vital audits, project support and administrative duties. The CRM Associate will work alongside the CRM Manager to help shape CSIS’ CRM system Salesforce. Over the last five years, since the adoption of Salesforce by CSIS, we have expanded the use of our CRM to include many new processes and to streamline existing business practices. The CRM Associate will be integral in maintaining the Salesforce CRM system and it’s day-to-day administration, its integration with our Drupal-based website, and the marketing email system (Pardot). The CRM Associate will also help update and revise training materials as needed and will assist with trainings when possible.
They will manage both our CRM and broadcast email system ensuring the accurate and effective use of data by maintaining the database structure, updating the documentation and operational guidelines for staff use. This position serves as a first-line resource for users and technical staff on mass email, CRM, and related matters.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following• Assists in administration of CRM system;
• Assists in administration of broadcast email system;
• Performs audits to ensure accuracy and proper use of documentation and supporting resources;
• Generate and analyze simple and complex reports from Salesforce based on business needs as requested by programs and fundraising teams;
• Helps develop and formulate standards and procedures for database and email use;
• Monitors utilization of licensing and provisioning of add-on products (S-Docs, Cirrus Insight, etc.);
• Helps to maintain the integrity of the data;
• Maintain a clean and valid set of contacts in the CRM;
• Automate the cleanup and dedupe tasks on CRM as much as possible;
• Assists in monthly Salesforce and Pardot orientation and trainings to familiarize new users with the functionality of the system;
• Creates and maintains user accounts;
• Assigns managers within each program for CRM and email management system;
• Develop and maintain HTML mailing templates in Pardot
• Develops training manuals and help documents, and keeps them up-to-date with changes made in the system;
• Responds to requests for assistance on all CRM-related inquires in a timely fashion;
• Other tasks and projects as assigned
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related field;
• 2-3 years of progressive experience working with CRM database(s);
• 1 year administering a CRM database;
• Working knowledge of Salesforce Lightning is required;
• Experience with Pardot is preferred but not required;
• HTML knowledge preferred but not required;
• Proficient in MS Excel, Office suite, other commonly used business applications; demonstrated ability to learn new systems;
• Strong analytical skills are emphasized;
• Experience leading trainings is preferred but not required;
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds, dispositions, and staff levels;
• Ability to manage competing priorities and operate in a fast-paced environment;
• Must possess strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff;
• Must be responsive to user needs and inquires;
• Must be able to exercise autonomy in the position, as well as serve as a team player;
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performances of duties require the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter at https://careers.csis.org/.
At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented…