Develops and leads Development strategy for direct mail and online fundraising programs in collaboration with the individual giving team. Establishes strategies for donor acquisition and pipeline management. Develops and manages Development communications and marketing designed to support department efforts and organizational goals. Oversees department’s operations, financial and budgeting management. Works under general supervision.
- Develops and manages comprehensive direct mail and digital fundraising programs designed to generate major and planned gift leads and increase gifts, both in number of gifts and dollars raised.
- Designs, launches, and implements solicitation and cultivation strategies to establish a pipeline for major and planned gifts. Establishes Individual Giving processes, in collaboration with Development leadership.
- Manages a portfolio of direct mail donor, converts discharged patients and hospice bereaved into donors, and acquires new donors from prospect lists.
- Directs the development, creation and management of all Development marketing and communications. Develops and manages department website content, online donation page, e-appeals, e-newsletters, and fundraising social media campaign. Monitors and updates organization profiles on external sites. Leads strategy and development of messaging and marketing materials for the department as needed, including reports, videos, and brochures.
- Tracks and evaluates programs and projects to measure effectiveness. Provides recommendations for change/improvements as appropriate. Reports on program effectiveness to board and senior leadership committees.
- Writes and reviews acknowledgement letters and donor communications; coordinates communications across Development department.
- Manages the department budgeting and revenue reconciliation processes.
- Supervises donor database. Establishes gift entry protocol. Ensures direct response efforts and gift processing operations are in compliance with HIPAA rules.
- Liaises with Marketing, Communications, Legal, Treasury, Accounting, and other departments on Development projects and communication content as needed
- Performs all duties at a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes, and terminates staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum seven years annual giving, fundraising marketing and direct mail experience required. Demonstrated experience in website design and production of electronic communications required. Outstanding written/oral communication skills required. Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with senior management, colleagues, and board members. Experience managing vendor relationships required. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other donor software require