The Staff Accountant - Accounts Receivable is responsible for processing of cash receipts including verifying coding, depositing, data entry, performing credit card reconciliations, monitoring and processing exceptions and corrections to revenue fees, and handling incoming checks, wires, ACH, and securities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, various journal entries, reconciliations, and monitoring of accounts. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties can be assigned, and the duties and responsibilities of the job are subject to change without notice.
· Verify coding of bank deposits, EFT’s, securities and credit card donations.
· Creating and processing remote desktop deposit of checks
· Entering cash receipts daily into the cloud-based accounting system
· Apply payments to open receivables and ensure proper coding
· Create posting journals for GL input
· Maintain records in a cloud environment
· Reconcile all receivable and revenue accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
· Review award letters to ensure proper revenue recognition
· Stay informed on any updates or changes in nonprofit revenue recognition
· Update AR processing guide as needed.
· Prepare ad-hoc reporting and complete special projects as assigned
· Work with accounting team in preparation of material to present to auditors, reconciliations, pulling revenue information
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, attending and actively participating in staff and individual meetings
· Knowledge of general accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
· Standard financial accounting knowledge required not only limited to Accounts Receivable.
· Able to understand and interpret deposit information and restrictions on funds. This position requires strong reconciliation and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational skills. Must be detail oriented. Can prioritize and work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and has commitment to completing projects on a timely basis.
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Ability to respond to any inquiries from internal team members and external customers.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrates sound judgment.
· Understanding of what comprises confidential issues and materials, consistently acts with discretion and maintains confidential information.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Is pleasant with others and displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Demonstrates Cultural Competency. Has the ability to work effectively across cultures. Demonstrates a commitment to learning, communicating and working respectfully with people different from themselves.
· Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Glide Foundation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· BA degree in Accounting, Business or related field plus at least 2+ years’ related work experience in revenue, AR, or fund accounting position; or an equivalent of education and experience.
· Nonprofit work experience strongly preferred.
· Strong verbal & written communication skills are required, including the ability to deal with sensitive, emotionally charged situations with tact and diplomacy, make clear verbal and written presentations and respond appropriately to internal and external inquiries.
· Strong grasp of basic mathematical functions.
· Ability to navigate cloud-based file storage system (Google Drive, Sharepoint, etc.).
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel skills required.
· Previous experience with cloud-based ERP system required.
· Salesforce experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to see details of objects at close range.
· Ability to hear within normal range, and communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
· Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Requires physical ability to sit and type on a keyboard for long periods of time, and have manual dexterity to operate word processing equipment with skill, speed, and accuracy. Stationed at computer keyboard nearly 100% of working time.
· Ability to sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time, and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day. Ability to move quickly to address emergency or potentially dangerous situations. Ability to move about the building and the organization as needed.
· Activities that occur infrequently are: bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching straight, above, and below shoulder level with both shoulders individually or at the same time, carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds.
· This person must take frequent short breaks, integrate stretching into her/his daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders and safely operate equipment.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Fast paced, with frequent interruptions, demanding, social services office environment.
· Noise level is moderate to noisy and lighting is conducive to completion of work.
· The employee may be exposed to air borne pathogens.
· GLIDE’s buildings are located in the Tenderloin. Due to our surroundings, it is important to always be aware of what’s going on around you while walking around the neighborhood. GLIDE maintains an "open door" policy to the community and its clients, who frequently enter and leave the building.
The Staff Accountant - Accounts Receivable is responsible for processing of cash receipts including verifying coding, depositing, data entry, performing credit card reconciliations, monitoring and processing exceptions and…
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental…