For almost 50 years, Covenant House has served and advocated for youth and young families experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, and exploitation. Our overarching goal is to end homelessness among youth and young families by helping them achieve housing stability, heal from trauma, tap into their innate resilience, and hone their interests and skills to forge new pathways to independence. This work is carried out across Covenant House sites in 34 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Reporting to the VP, Peer-to-Peer (P2P), the Digital-Centric Director of Peer-to-Peer Fundraising’s primary responsibilities are generating, planning, executing, and evaluating and strategies primarily focused on Digital-Centric tactics for recruiting new participants and achieving the fundraising goals of Covenant House International (CHI) P2P Programs, with a focus on Sleep Out (SO) and Do It Yourself (DIY) fundraising programs.
The Director develops and executes acquisition plans to gain market share and acquire new participants and donors through social media and other web-based programs. This position focuses on improving ROI, increasing revenue and event participation, by driving efficient leads and conversions through social media including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Additionally, the Director has their own portfolio of participants as part of the Peer to Peer team with a focus on both acquisition and retention.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Play a central role on the P2P team to achieve the revenue goals of our Sleep Out and DIY fundraising programs
- Develop comprehensive social media acquisition plans, resources and trainings for the Peer to Peer team
- Analyze historical and current data to generate strategies, provide recommendations for change or continuation, and track progress toward goals with a focus on digital tactics
- Design and create Digital-Centric recruitment and fundraising communication, including but not limited to e-comm, social media assets, participant materials, marketing materials, and website content
- Work directly with their own portfolio of participants to coach and support all recruitment and fundraising efforts
- Provide subject matter expertise more broadly leverage social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok; as well as Twitch and other streaming platforms.
- Develops resources and trainings to support sites with social media activation
- Utilize P2P best practices and emerging trends to maximize all P2P programs’ recruitment and fundraising results
- Stay current with peer and competitor digital activities and innovations and share with colleagues
- Collaborate with corporate partnerships team to solicit, advance, and improve sponsorship opportunities, as well as cultivate and manage corporate relationships as needed
- Coordinate with the marketing and communications teams to identify and seize opportunities for earned media and strategize around paid media
- Test and optimize nationwide Peer to Peer social media campaigns in real time to provide best ROI, cost per click, cost per lead and cost per conversion
- Manage social media lead generation response plan
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Uniquely people-oriented with a natural and innate desire to connect, chat, and build relationships
- Effective public speaker and outstanding communication skills in groups of all sizes as well as one-on-one, with an eye towards building relationships; an ability to include data in a persuasive manner is a plus
- Ability to excite anyone about our mission and provide them with a unique, significant experience as a supporter
- Agile and creative connector, who is able to identify or create P2P fundraising opportunities where they may not be immediately apparent especially in social media and the digital space.
- Experience in creating social media campaigns and fundraising, particularly with Meta and streaming platforms.
- Effective fundraising coach with the ability to adapt strategies based on individuals’ capacity and experience, as well as the instinct to identify and share techniques that would work on a larger scale
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for a demanding environment that continually strives for excellence, efficiency, and innovation
- Ability to organize complex programs using the project-management tool provided, manage deadlines, and ensure strong lines of communication between internal teams and vendor partners
- Capable fundraiser with a willingness to engage in a minimum of one P2P fundraiser each year
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and night hours (as needed for events)
- Excellent writer, with the ability to adapt style based on different audiences
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of the development team are expected to fulfill the following:
- Gain an understanding of youth homelessness and be an advocate for Covenant House and our mission
- Show a profound and demonstrated commitment to human service and social change
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents, and vendors
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- You may be required to travel for this position to develop partnerships, execute recruitment strategies or events, and/or cultivate relationships, up to 10%
- This position is based in New York City (NYC Metro area preferred), but will be remote for the foreseeable future
Minimum Education & Experience
- At least four (4) years of experience with P2P fundraising, strategy, recruitment, marketing, and/or participant communication a must; other fundraising, recruitment, marketing, communication, or public speaking experience is required - preferably a combination of social media sales experience with peer to peer fundraising events Social media expertise required. Track record of acquisition in the peer to peer fundraising industry or related field a must
- A firm grasp of DonorDrive or comparable P2P fundraising software a must; other CMS exposure is required
- Demonstrated success growing and retaining boards or committees required
- Knowledge of email communication systems a must
- Graphic design or other relevant experience a plus
- Proven success as a P2P fundraiser a strong plus
- Possessing a valid U.S. driver’s license a plus
Our critical mission demands that we have all voices at the table. A team of diverse people, perspectives, and experiences is smarter, stronger, and more effective for our young people. At Covenant House, every team member is valued, respected, heard, and supported, and we welcome honest and courageous self-reflection on any aspects of our work that are based on biased or outdated viewpoints. We deliberately create opportunities for our staff to grow and thrive.
Covenant House International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. If you are fun, dynamic and hardworking come join our awesome international team in an organization with a heart!
Covenant House is a vaccinated employer. As such, prospective new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Our offices are located in Manhattan, however, this position will be remote for the foreseeable future.