Since our founding in 1919, The New School has pushed the boundaries of knowledge and creativity. Today, we are a comprehensive university with a unique multi-dimensional academic approach designed to foster deep critical thinking and creative problem solving, enabling students to actualize their potential and their vision. In addition to more than 120 programs for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students, the university offers continuing education programs for adults, pre-college, and school-age children. Part of the mission of the university Marketing & Communication department (M&C) is elevating visibility of these groundbreaking programs and expanding access while helping the university achieve its enrollment and revenue goals.
Reporting to the Director, Websites, CRM, and Content, Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) Marketing, the Manager, Marketing Content, Continuing and Professional Education will leverage strong communication and editorial skills developing engaging content for a range of platforms and channels to support CPE strategic objectives. As brand advocate for The New School and CPE, the Manager will drive awareness and enrollment of students in continuing education programs encompassing adult professionals, entrepreneurs, and executives; youth; and pre-college audiences. The Manager will also collaborate with teams and stakeholders throughout the university as well as with external vendors and partners.
The role requires a strategic and creative thinker with exceptional writing and editorial management skills, website content management, experience in brand and direct response marketing, and knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem, preferably with experience in higher education. The ideal candidate has the capacity to meet the demands of a large, urban institution, and the energy to match The New School’s spirit of creativity, innovation, and engagement.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- Partners with Marketing Directors to develop a content strategy and editorial plan for all CPE verticals, including adult continuing education, executive education, summer programs, and youth programs, to support enrollment targets and other business objectives
- Writes and executes content assets for various acquisition and retention campaigns, which may include landing pages, emails, intake forms, video or social video scripts, digital fliers and signage, and brochures and mailers
- Ideates and develops compelling, well-researched long-form content such as white papers and thought leadership pieces for sophisticated, professional audiences
- Pitches stories and conducts interviews with faculty, program directors, and students for website blogs and other emerging channels
- Writes and produces emails (broadcast emails and automated nurture series) for programs managed in-house; oversees content for emails produced by external marketing agency
- Develops and manages content and editorial calendars and ensures deadlines are met to support registration cycles
- Collaborates with Senior Manager, Websites and CRM on search engine optimization and content maintenance across all websites and platforms
- Manages relationship with external marketing agency with respect to content asset library, namely broadcast and nurture emails, landing pages, and videos
- Uses analytics tools to regularly evaluate and measure success of content and make optimizations on an ongoing basis
- Coordinates creative asset production with internal and external resources: graphic designers, copywriters, videographers, etc., including briefing and collecting, editing, and formatting content for delivery to in house creative team
- Partners with internal creative/copy team and subject matter experts to edit, refine, and proof copy for program descriptions and marketing collateral
- Ensures consistency of tone per audience and vertical across all channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in marketing, communications and/or digital media role (arts, culture or educational context desirable)
- Experience with content management systems and email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, HubSpot, or Active Campaign
- Proficiency with social media management platforms such as Sprout Social and project management tools such as Hive, Monday, and Asana
- Experience managing editorial processes
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and deadline-driven
- Stellar organizational skills with exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Team player, entrepreneurial, and comfortable being self-directed
- Appreciation for arts, culture, and higher learning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adhere to University COVID-19 Policy
- Ability to edit and update web content in HTML
- Experience with SEO writing and metrics
- Experience managing freelance writers or multiple content contributors
- Familiarity with content and website analytics
- Experience writing for business and/or professional publications
- Hybrid/Remote - Employees hired for this position primarily work remotely with the occasional on-campus presence required with advanced notice. Employees in this role will also be expected to use their best judgment to be on campus when necessary in order to best fulfill the responsibilities of their job descriptions.
$70,000 - $80,000
We look forward to receiving your application!