THE BOTTOM LINE:
CO/LAB Theater Group seeks a Director of Programs to oversee CO/LAB’s programming portfolio including CO/LAB:core, CO/LAB:connect, Sharing the Stage, and CO/LAB:leaders. This role focuses on programmatic oversight and execution including training and developing Teaching Artists and Supporting Artists (in-class volunteers), codifying and updating CO/LAB pedagogy, overseeing programmatic growth and strategic planning, maintaining policies and procedures, and supporting CO/LAB actors. This team member would ideally begin work with CO/LAB the week of December 6th.
CO/LAB Theater Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values state “All Are Welcome” at CO/LAB—applicants of all races, religions, gender identities or expressions, familial statuses, sexual orientations, ages, or disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. We are committed to continually diversifying our team and we aim to include new voices and experiences to our work.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN JUMP ON BOARD AND:
Oversee the administration of the programming department
- Manage programming staff (currently two individuals) & Teaching Artists (currently 28).
- Develop and track the departmental budget; collaborate on organizational budget
- Oversee development and growth of current programs
- Create and revise policies and procedures for participants and staff as needed
- Create systems & tools for Teaching Artists, Supporting Artists , and Actors (classroom participants).
Develop, hire, and train Teaching and Supporting Artists
- Recruit and onboard a team of Supporting and Teaching Artists
- Coordinate bi-annual Professional Development workshops
- Organize and facilitate recurring Teaching Artist meetings and observations
- Manage Teaching Artist placement for all programs
- Approve Teaching Artist payroll
Spearhead curriculum development and organizational artistic practices:
- Manage curriculum development, organizational pedagogy, and teaching methods
- Oversee execution of weekly classes and workshops
- Organize annual performances in collaboration with Teaching Artists and programming staff
- Liaise with contractors such as accompanists, composers, and guest artists
- Plan and coordinate CO/LAB’s Student Matinee program in conjunction with the annual Musical Theater Production
- Oversee CO/LAB community events and outings
Create continuity between the programming department and the organization:
- Serve on the Governance and Performance Management Committee to review and revise organizational policies, workflow, and practices
- Participate in Directors cohort meetings to plan staff meetings, discuss strategic initiatives, and ensure cohesion between departments
- Report to the Board of Directors and Associate Board as necessary; collaborate on new initiatives and programs
WE’RE HOPING YOU CAN SAY YES TO ALL OR MOST OF THE FOLLOWING:
- I have relevant education, work, or volunteer experience that would apply to this position. This may include a combination of the following: program management, theater and/or performing arts, nonprofit experience, and/or working with individuals with developmental disabilities or neurodiversities.
- I have exceptional communication skills and can adjust my approach and communication method for various audiences.
- I am comfortable managing a team; I can assess a large group’s strengths and growth areas.
- I provide thoughtful individual supervision; I give timely feedback, celebrate successes, and encourage colleagues to grow.
- I am organized and have the ability to work on several projects at once, prioritize tasks, and delegate assignments.
- I love to collaborate and welcome creative ideas from team members.
- I am self-driven, solution-oriented, and an analytical and critical thinker.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
- The position reports to the Executive Director.
- This position is full-time and requires 40 hours per week. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- The position will receive an annual salary in the range of $68,000.
- This position will receive health benefits with partial employer contribution.
- CO/LAB is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- While some in-person office hours and/or meetings will be required, CO/LAB is proud to offer employees a flexible schedule and remote work opportunities. A specific schedule will be agreed upon by the employee and their supervisor
- CO/LAB is proud to offer a generous vacation policy for our administrative staff.
- CO/LAB will provide access to the appropriate technology needed to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- CO/LAB believes in creating a work environment where employees are nurtured and supported. We provide an annual professional development stipend, take extreme care in our performance management systems, and have multiple full-team outings per year.
CO/LAB Theater Group is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing Creative Opportunities without Limits And Boundaries. CO/LAB offers individuals with developmental disabilities a creative and social outlet through theater arts. Through our programming, we encourage actors to collaborate as an ensemble and discover their individual voices. CO/LAB creates a safe, judgment-free, and neuro-diverse environment that allows participants the opportunity to express themselves both in class and on stage. We seek to honor and celebrate every individual. CO/LAB aims to offer financially accessible programs to all.
Our organizational core values which guide our daily work:
- All are welcome; CO/LAB fosters a community with open doors that is supportive of people with all abilities, beliefs, and backgrounds.
- CO/LAB honors and celebrates each individual for who they are. We value everyone's unique contribution to our ensemble at large.
- We set the bar high, artistically and administratively. We are ambitious. We learn, grow, and thoughtfully apply our knowledge.
- At CO/LAB we listen carefully, encourage new ideas, and collaborate with team members.
- We are determined to have generous, honest, passionate, joyful people leading the organization.
All staff members of CO/LAB participate in deepening the organization’s commitment to becoming an inclusive and equitable organization. Each individual is responsible for conducting their work in an equitable manner and our staff works together to continue to learn about anti-oppression, anti-racism, anti-ableism, and/or social justice.
We recommend perusing our website and social media channels to find out more about our team and our work!
TELL ME HOW TO APPLY: