The Director of Investments & Partnerships will lead and build Launch’s fundraising program though a values-based fundraising responsible for building and spurring investments and steward a diverse, engaged donor community. Specific goals include growing individual private investments to $500k annually and foundation and corporate gifts to $500k; building and maintain a major giving portfolio of 50-75 investors at a $25k-$100k capacity; mobilizing the Board of Directors and fund development committee; and creating the organization’s systems and structures to scale our efforts.
Essential Job Functions
Fund Development, Planning, Strategy and Implementation
- Design, implement, and track a robust and diversified fund development plan to grow revenue to raise approximately $200k from individuals annually and $800k from foundations, government, and corporate sponsorships.
- Strategically develop and oversee all fundraising efforts, donor communications, and special events.
- Collaborate with program staff to gather appropriate programmatic information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals, and asks that will be used to secure investments.
- Create monthly reports for management and board that accurately reflect investments activity and performance.
- Work with CEO to develop overall revenue picture, including strategies for public funding at the state and local level.
- Develop and maintain a major donor portfolio of 50-75 donors with giving capacity ranging between $25k-$100k.
- Build strong relationships with donors and collaborate with the CEO and members of the Board to build a solid and sustainable pipeline and personally solicit major gifts.
- Regularly conduct face-to-face meetings with donors, institutional funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Create and execute plans for each investor to serve as the foundation for communication, stewardship, and retention.
- Partner with program team leaders to cultivate, write, and submit grant proposals to funders (mostly private, some public) to secure general operating and project-based revenue
- Manage the contract grant writer.
- In collaboration with the leadership team and programmatic staff, determine funding priorities with transparency.
- Track and update submission deadlines and reporting requirements, and work with relevant staff to ensure compliance and communication to funders.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Lead, develop, and supervise a one to two-person Development team.
- Work closely with members of the executive team, leadership team, finance team and Board of Directors and development committees to develop and execute thoughtful fundraising strategies and support them in roles as ambassadors and fundraisers in the community.
- Meet with all program teams and engender a healthy and collaborative fundraising culture across the organization that aligns with and advances the mission, goals and values of the organization and its anti-racism and equity work.
- Build a process for transparency and collaboration with staff and board around fundraising.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent
- Personal passion for and/or a connection to Launch’s mission, vision, and values.
- Minimum of 5 years of non-profit fund development and experience in a leadership or manager/supervisor role.
- Experience growing a major gifts program and soliciting major gifts at $25k level or higher.
- Experience creating innovative donor engagement and solicitation strategies to grow a fundraising program and increase unrestricted contributed revenue.
- Proven ability to be the face of and network for a mission-based organization at external events and meetings; develop new beneficial relationships and maintain and build on the relationships the organization already has established.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, mobilizing them in their role in donor relations, and leveraging their strengths and their networks.
- Experience developing and overseeing budgets and tracking outcomes for success.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership skills in a cross-cultural environment; ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, staff, and diverse range of communities across the state.
- Commitment to advancing personal and organizational racial equity and undoing institutional racism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively in clear and concise language, and the ability to speak with enthusiasm to diverse audiences.
- Expertise in communications and marketing ability to manage communication across all platforms, including website, email and social media.
- Flexible, positive work style conducive to efficiently managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines, and anticipating changing needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to Launch’s mission.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- The ability to problem-solve, think strategically, and handle sensitive information and difficult situations tactfully and confidentially
- The ability to communicate effectively, professionally and empathetically in both written and verbal formats.
- The ability to work effectively in a normal office environment; physical requirements include normal walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching activities and the ability to regularly lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Strong organizational skills and compliance with Launch’s confidentiality policy regarding child, family, donor, and employee information.
- Ability to work outside the standard workday, as needed, to support organization activities, professional development planning, and other deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, mail and marketing software (experience with Constant Contact a plus), and donor database software (experience with Little Green Light a plus).
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance
- TB Clearance
- Blood Borne Pathogens/HIV training
- Mandated Reported Training
- MMR Vaccination Record
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Must attend any required training
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of the job. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas as deemed fit for the organization.