The mission of Magis Americas is to foster, support, and accompany Jesuit partners in the Global South, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean, as they strive toward the construction of just, dignified, and equitable societies. Magis Americas promotes sustainable and impactful responses to the injustices faced by those living at the margins. Magis Americas’ efforts are focused on three key areas: education, migration, and ecology. These areas represent a holistic approach for the vision of a world in which all people have their rights upheld, their dignity protected, and their capacity to act as protagonists in their individual and communal development recognized.
Magis Americas is seeking an experienced professional to join its team as Development Manager (DM), reporting to the Executive Director. The DM will play a critical role in Magis Americas’ fundraising efforts, working closely with the Executive Director to develop a long-term fundraising strategy for the organization, grow the existing donors base, and achieve annual revenue goals. The DM will also oversee the work of two Development Associates (Grants and Individual Giving). The ideal candidate is a skilled fundraiser who has creative ideas about development for a small and growing national nonprofit.
- Plan and direct all aspects of Magis Americas’ fundraising efforts, including:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic annual development plan designed to secure funding for the organization’s USD 2.95 million budget (74% foundations, 16% individual giving, and 10% corporate giving)
- Establish a major gifts program
- Run two annual fundraising campaigns
- Manage all facets of the organization’s grants program
- Support the Development Associate - Individual Giving in the research, design and implementation of new donor cultivation and recognition strategies.
- Develop a plan for growing individual giving, including deepening engagement of monthly and annual supporters through thoughtful relationship building, stewardship, and digital engagement.
- Cultivate a significant prospects pipeline as part of Magis Americas’ evolving fundraising strategy.
- Identify major gift prospects from Magis Americas’ established network and develop compelling engagement strategies to solicit and close gifts.
- Make in-person and virtual solicitations, and assist the Executive Director and Board Members with resources needed for their solicitation.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship efforts for all major gift candidates and donors.
- Create a strategy for the organization’s grant writing efforts.
- Develop and manage an ongoing grants calendar.
- Support the Development Associate - Grants in conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Process grant agreements and all necessary administrative tasks associated with grants management.
- Manage Magis Americas’ grants portfolio to ensure timely compliance with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate partners.
- Support the Executive Director in the cultivation and stewardship efforts of all foundation/corporate partners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of Magis Americas programs and funding priorities in order to effectively connect donors and prospects to Magis Americas priorities and content.
- Maintain accurate data on donors and potential funders, managing the gift processing process (including acknowledgements, tax donation letters).
- Write donor updates and stewardship materials
- Prepare quarterly Board of Directors meeting presentations and documents in support of development activities.
- Actively engage the Board of Directors in support of annual fundraising goals and activities, and leverage their relationships with institutional and individual donors.
- Support other development initiatives taken on by Magis Americas as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of five years of comprehensive nonprofit development experience (grant writing, major donor cultivation, online fundraising, special events, etc.)
- The ability to develop and cultivate positive relationships with a network of colleagues, donors and prospective donors across the entire United States.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated managerial experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Drive and CRM software (Salesforce).
- Familiarity with the Society of Jesus a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.