Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the Development and Data Coordinator implements the program’s development plan, connects the program to key community resources, manages reporting and research data, and contributes to the team’s outreach and social media campaigns.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
- Assist with planning, executing, and follow-up relative to all fundraising and development strategies, activities and events.
- Assist with grant research, reading and writing; including proof-reading of all materials.
- Create, update, coordinate and distribute the YouthConnect newsletter.
- Create social media content consistent with YouthConnect messaging
- Liaise with the Main Office Development Department relative to gift processing, in-kind donations and other development and fundraising needs.
- Work closely with BGCB’s Communications and Marketing Department to support all marketing strategies for YouthConnect.
- Oversee administrative tasks associated with development and fundraising information.
- Manage and support the YouthConnect client database.
- Compile data for and with research partners
- Review, proofread and edit monthly reports as needed.
- Manage daily administrative tasks such as mail, faxes, office supplies, office space, etc. and proofread and edit monthly reports as needed.
- Receive and transfer all in-coming telephone calls.
- Serve an important public relations role by providing accurate information about the program.
- Staff and participate in YouthConnect staff meetings and record minutes..
- Represent YouthConnect on the BGCB’s Technology Committee.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Prior development experience; preferably fundraising and event planning.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Experience working with database systems; preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to travel throughout the community to attend meetings and events as needed.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **