KAUFMAN MUSIC CENTER
Kaufman Music Center is a vibrant and multi-faceted cultural organization in New York City. Founded in 1952 as a community music school, today's Kaufman Music Center is home to: Merkin Hall featuring acclaimed artists in thought-provoking presentations; Lucy Moses School Manhattan's largest community arts school - all ages and skill levels are welcome; Special Music School, a unique K-12 NYC public school that incorporates music into its core curriculum; and programs including Face the Music our critically-acclaimed youth new music ensemble, Theater@Kaufman bringing the joy of musical theater to students and audiences; and Luna Composition Lab, providing mentorship to female, non-binary, and gender non-conforming teens. Combined, these elements provide joy, engagement, and connection for thousands of people each year. Even in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, Kaufman Music Center continues to thrive.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a Senior Director of Marketing and Communications who will create and oversee the implementation of a strategic plan to promote the Center’s unique brand to a wider audience.
The Senior Director will partner with the leadership team on external communication opportunities and define and execute appropriate strategies to address them and lead a team to coordinate a consistent brand, supporting the overall vision of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for music and education, presenting the performing arts to audiences, and the skills and experience necessary to communicate the unique programs and qualities of Kaufman Music Center to a wide variety of constituents.
Many of Kaufman Music Center’s programs have captured the hearts and attention of a worldwide audience as of recent; the need has become clear to grow all components of its marketing, communications, and public relations efforts, so we may communicate our mission in the most compelling and concise ways possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead Marketing and Communications to brand the unique qualities of the Center to attract new audiences, students, ands donors in support of its mission.
· Develop strategies for communications and engagement for stakeholders and set a plan of execution by the Marketing and Communications team
· Oversee the Center’s branding and messaging standards in all materials to all audiences, including print collateral and digital design across platforms
· Develop advertising strategies and materials for Merkin Hall presentations
· Oversee advertising strategies to attract and enroll students to a wide range of programs including Lucy Moses School, Special Music School, Face The Music, Luna Composition Lab
· Support the Executive Director, Leadership, artists, students, and others in preparation for media opportunities and presentations
· Collaborate closely with Development Department to support fundraising, stewardship campaigns and donor related activities
· Collaborate closely with Leadership and Program Staff to amplify concert presentation and programmatic news as well as other new initiatives.
· Lead integrated marketing programs and campaigns from strategy to execution, including print and digital advertising, direct mail, web site, email, social media, and paid media
· Lead marketing and communications staff, liaise with public relations firm, oversee box office staff
· Cultivate relationships with Kaufman Music Center partners, renters, clients, and co-presenters to achieve common goals
· Create and manage the departmental budget and forecast future-year budgets
· Perform other duties as required
· A minimum of 7 years marketing and communications experience with design and management of integrated, strategy-driven marketing campaigns
· A minimum of 5 years of experience leading marketing and communications for an educational or performing arts organization
· Bachelor’s degree required, experience working in a performing arts organization preferred
· Experience with media relations and external affairs; experience working with a public relations firm
· Strategic, results-driven, motivated, creative
· High level of organizational ability; ability to inspire teams to set priorities and meet deadlines
· Excellent communication, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
· Excited about the mission of the organization and joining at a period of growth and change
· Emotional intelligence, financial acumen, a collaborative team spirit and a good sense of humor
KAUFMAN MUSIC CENTER
Kaufman Music Center is a vibrant and multi-faceted cultural organization in New York City. Founded in 1952 as a community music school, today's Kaufman Music Center is home to: Merkin Hall featuring acclaimed artists…
Full time employees are eligible to participate in Kaufman Music Center’s benefit programs, which include paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, flexible spending plan and other benefits. If elected, health insurance coverage will begin 30 days after the date of hire. There will be an employee contribution towards the monthly premium for health insurance. Full time employees are eligible for 15 days of vacation after the first full year of employment earned in accordance with the Center’s vacation accrual policy. Other PTO includes sick days, personal days, and holidays as per the Kaufman Music Center’s policies.
Full time employees are eligible to participate in Kaufman Music Center’s benefit programs, which include paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, long term disability…
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in the subject line…