ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Since our founding in 1895 in Marin County as an orphanage – and through subsequent years as Sunny Hills Services – Side by Side has been at the forefront of best practices in child welfare, working with the most vulnerable youth in our community. Today, Side by Side operates in four counties – Marin, Alameda, Sonoma, and Napa – across the Bay Area, reaching nearly 2,000 children, young adults, and family members per year with much-needed services related to behavioral and mental health, early intervention in schools, LGBTQIA+ support, transitional housing for foster youth, and special education. With an annual operating budget of $11M in FY2021, contributed revenue from individuals, foundations and special events accounts for $1M of that total. The Donor Engagement & Social Media Manager will be a key partner in growing Side by Side’s philanthropic support in the community.
Side by Side seeks a dynamic and passionate individual to assist in the overall development of its donor base and manage its online footprint. The Donor Engagement & Social Media Manager reports to the Director of Development & Communications (DoD&C) and supports all donor and volunteer engagement activities and social media communications for the organization. The right candidate is someone who shares a passion for making mental health care available to all and is highly-organized, has excellent communication and social media skills, and enjoys building relationships. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
This position is full-time with at least one day a week spent at the San Anselmo headquarters and has the option of working remotely up to 3 days a week. As the role requires heavy donor engagement, applicants should expect regular travel throughout Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Alameda counties.
Donor & Volunteer Engagement
- Plays a key role in retaining current donors by deepening relationships and broadening Side by Side’s base of philanthropic support by identifying and meeting with prospective donors. Actively manages a portfolio of mid-range ($500-$999) donors.
- Proactively supports the stewardship responsibilities of CEO, DoD&C, and Board members by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors
- Manages outreach efforts for the agency such as tabling at community events and developing regular agency participation in Rotary or Chamber of Commerce meetings.
- Responsible for donor/prospect research for the agency and development of briefing materials for DoD&C, CEO and board members for events
- Assists in implementation of all fundraising appeals including refinement of list segmentation and management of in-house solicitations in accordance with donor engagement strategies and efforts.
- Administers all aspects of the organizations volunteer program including recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers. Communicates with all departments of the organization to identify available opportunities and needs for volunteers.
- Supports the DoD&C with the management of the volunteer event committees for Side by Side’s Gala and Golf Tournament, manages day-of volunteer activities at the event, and supports post-event attendee cultivation efforts.
Social Media Management
- Designs, develops, and implements Side by Side’s external communications through multiple media channels, including email marketing, social media outreach, and website updates.
- Oversees day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology. Responsible for creating original engaging text and video content to promote agency programs, news, initiatives, and events in collaboration with program staff and the DoD&C.
- Supervises all aspects of social media interaction between followers and the agency, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Creates actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Sets specific, measurable engagement goals and report on ROI. Monitors SEO and web traffic and adapt tactics as necessary to improve metrics.
- Updates Side by Side’s website in response to programmatic changes, enhanced functionality and current trends.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $68,000 - $80,000/annually (DOE)
- 3 weeks paid vacation for F/T employees increasing to 4 weeks vacation after 2 years of service (for all non-school based employees).
- 2 weeks sick leave for F/T employees with 2 additional sick days for direct service staff and 4 additional for school staff
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 100% employer-paid Medical for F/T employees
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance up to $9,000 per month, plus $50,000 Life and AD&D insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Professional development and other learning opportunities including unlimited access to over 1,000 behavioral health courses online
- FREE Employee Assistance Program including up to 10 complimentary personal counseling sessions per problem, per year for staff and dependents
- Employee recognition program with $1,000 bonus awards
- Employee referral bonus of up to $1,000
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use the telephone, computer keyboard, or mouse.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office or client environments.
- Ability to drive to various locations throughout the Bay Area.
The salary range for the Donor Engagement & Social Media Manager position is $68,000 - $80,000/annually.
- Relevant experience in business, marketing, communications, or related field. Excellent research, writing, organizational, and computer skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent social skills, with large groups as well as with individuals. Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Ability to think strategically about donor engagement and generate creative strategies for stewarding donors to maintain and strengthen high-quality individual relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work on many outreach initiatives at once.
- Hands on experience with content management. Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite or HubSpot.
- Extensive Social Media campaign management with a proven track record and solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Graphic design and desktop publishing skills and proficient experience with Adobe Suites.
- Extensive Computer experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, donor database software (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred), and social media marketing.
Side by Side provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.