The Simons Foundation's web development team is seeking a solutions-oriented and creative Technical Project Manager to work with a team of designers and software engineers on a variety of front-facing websites for the foundation. These include the Simons Foundation website, the SFARI website, Quanta Magazine, a science news outlet, and Spectrum, a news site focused on autism research.
This role is not solely focused on maintaining and managing projects, but also helping the team to develop better patterns for gathering requirements, managing the work itself, planning, and developing documentation.
This position will be located at Simons Foundation's offices in New York City.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate and consult with internal stakeholders to gather requirements for all web development projects.
- Produce documentation of internal processes and standard operating procedures.
- Train editors and other internal stakeholders in content production and related items.
- Produce technical documentation to aid in training of internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that all stages of the projects are proceeding in a timely, yet sustainable, manner.
- Recognize and address inefficiencies and unnecessary overhead in our workflows.
- Understand and anticipate potential issues or pitfalls, with the ability to produce action items accordingly.
- Build an understanding of priorities between and among projects.
- Track and highlight commonalities in terms of both process and features of various projects.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of work experience project managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience communicating with designers, developers, and stakeholders and promoting collaboration
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a specific focus on attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to speak comfortably and confidently with stakeholders
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
- Previous experience working on journalistic projects or news sites
- Knowledgeable about different web technologies, from programming languages to infrastructure
- Experience working with designers and managing design and discovery processes
- Experience with using an Agile development methodology to manage multiple projects
- Comfort using JIRA, Notion, and other documentation and project management tools
- Professional Project Management Certification (PMP, CAPM, etc.) or Scrum Master certification
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/wywDBoTD5bB8kSdMLC5n1P" />