New Schools for New Orleans’ (NSNO) mission — delivering on the promise of excellent public schools for every child in New Orleans — drives everything we do. To achieve this mission, NSNO is investing in internal and external systems to share, analyze, and explain important data related to our city’s public schools. This data will be used to inform NSNO’s strategy, provide helpful information to policy- and decision-makers, support charter school leaders in planning for the future, and communicate to the public.
This is a full-time position with an immediate start date, with an annual salary of $70,000 – $88,000, commensurate with experience. NSNO has a hybrid work environment which involves primarily remote work with required attendance at New Orleans-based events throughout the year.
Role and Responsibilities
The Director of Data Analytics will be part of the Policy & Portfolio team, but the Director’s work will often cross over to support other NSNO teams. This role is an excellent fit for someone who believes in the power of data and is eager to develop systems and strategies to communicate data insights and data-informed strategies. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Managing and connecting different pieces of information about our schools and system, including large and often complex data systems to help understand and communicate outcomes
· Developing systems to regularly update and share important school- and system-level data across the NSNO organization (enrollment, academic performance, etc.)
· Developing materials and visualizations to communicate data trends and insights
· Designing and executing analyses and communicating insights to inform NSNO’s policy, system planning, and school investment strategies
· Coordinating the development of a public-facing online data dashboard and data library
· Managing relationships with external data partners and collaborators including paid consultants, government agencies, and other nonprofit organizations
· Leading regular convenings of local education data experts and integrating insights from beyond the education world that may impact our schools and education community
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education Policy or Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Information Management or other related field of study preferred
· Three years of experience with data analysis and communicating insights strongly preferred
· Work or volunteer experience demonstrating a commitment to education, students, or families preferred
· Proficiency in connecting and working with large and complex data sets
· Extreme attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
· Expertise or experience in data visualization software (Google Charts, Tableau, etc.), data analytics (Python, R, SQL, Excel, STATA), and other Microsoft and google software and applications
NSNO believes in protecting the health of the whole person through comprehensive mental and physical health benefits.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· 100% employer paid disability and life insurance
· Access to Dependent Care Assistance, Health Savings, or Flexible Savings Account options
· Annual wellness subsidy of $500
· Up to $100 monthly stipend for phone and internet expenses
· Open Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy- Your manager will work with you to take the time off you need to achieve a work-life balance.
· Employer paid Maternity and Parental Leave
· 401K, 4% match
· Role related professional development funds and specific Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion related professional development funds available
Before you apply…
· We will be removing all identifying information from your resume before our hiring team reviews your resume. This is to ensure our hiring process is equitable and to remove any unconscious bias from our resume review process. New Schools for New Orleans is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work and that starts with our hiring practices. Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address, and more. If you have any questions about this approach, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please send a tailored cover letter and resume to HR@nsno.org. Candidates will be required to complete a performance task as part of the multi-stage interview process.
New Schools for New Orleans (NSNO) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team. As such, it is the continuing policy of NSNO to consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
New Schools for New Orleans’ (NSNO) mission — delivering on the promise of excellent public schools for every child in New Orleans — drives everything we do. To achieve this mission, NSNO is investing in internal and external systems to…