Practical Farmers of Iowa is seeking a diligent, respectful and passionate person to serve as the information systems manager for the operations department. For 35 years, Practical Farmers has worked to equip farmers across the state (and beyond) to build resilient farms and communities.
This work has always been rooted in our value of welcoming everyone and creating a culture of mutual respect. We believe that a diversity of people, ideas and perspectives strengthens our ability to find creative solutions, enriches our understanding and broadens our impact.
At Practical Farmers, we celebrate this diversity and are committed to ensuring that our policies and practices create an equitable and inclusive workplace. We take equal opportunity seriously, and seek to empower and support all applicants and teammates.
The information systems manager works with organizational leadership to plan, manage and support information systems and processes. PFI uses constituent relationship management software, an accounting system, survey platforms, database tools and various other applications to support daily operations and key organizational processes. The information systems manager is responsible for the effective functioning of these systems, and will support Practical Farmers by:
Practical Farmers offers a flexible, fast-paced work environment with opportunities for independent initiative and professional development.
· Manage information systems projects
· Design and implement processes to ensure that PFI’s information systems are consistent and efficient
· Oversee contractors and vendors who conduct information systems work
· Facilitate collaboration between departments to determine staff requirements
· Facilitate change management for information systems
· Train staff in use of information systems
· Write documentation on information systems
· Engineer and maintain PFI’s information systems
· Monitor and efficiently use capacity and budgets for projects
· Advocate for more capacity and budget when necessary to complete work
· Other duties as assigned or volunteered to support department or team projects
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
· Three years of experience supporting organizations in the effective use of information
· Prior experience working with CRMs, enterprise resource planning software and survey platforms
· Prior experience managing and supporting Google Workspace (G Suite) a plus
· Strong understanding of database concepts and methods of systems integration
· Prior experience managing third-party vendors
· Prior experience designing and managing support processes, with ITIL certification preferred
· Strong customer service skills
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to take and give feedback to improve work
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to learn quickly
· Five years of professional experience
This is a full-time position based in our Ames, Iowa, office. Practical Farmers is a family-friendly employer.
Practical Farmers of Iowa is seeking a diligent, respectful and passionate person to serve as the information systems manager for the operations department. For 35 years, Practical Farmers has worked to equip farmers across the state (and…
The position includes full health care benefits, a flex plan, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and generous paid time off. Employer contribution to a 401k retirement plan is offered after one year of employment.
The position includes full health care benefits, a flex plan, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and generous paid time off. Employer contribution to a 401k…
Proficient in English
Proficient in English