POSITION SUMMARY Spectrum
is looking for an editorial assistant to support our news team.
Spectrum is an autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists.
You are a multitasker who is eager to work in a fast-paced newsroom. You can dispatch administrative tasks such as processing invoices and scheduling meetings with ease. You have excellent communication and organizational skills, and impeccable judgment.
As editorial assistant, you will organize events, including annual board meetings and team workshops, and maintain the team calendar and news archives. You will also have the opportunity to assist with proofreading, production tasks and managing social media. Depending on interest and ability, there may be opportunities for you to contribute to Spectrum's reporting and writing.
Interest in journalism and/or science is a plus. Attention to detail is a must.
We offer a generous salary and truly excellent benefits.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process all team invoices
• Schedule meetings and maintain team calendar
• Maintain files in Dropbox and Google Drive
• Proofread select articles
• Assist with production tasks and social media management
• Plan team workshops, events and annual board meetings
• Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or requiredMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation
• Bachelor's degreeExperience
• One year of experience in a similar roleRelated Skills & Other Requirements
• Attention to detail
• Interest in journalism and/or science is a plus
• Knowledge of WordPress is a plusREQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/yg2DjXSzMnkgCymVIyLpm" />