Major responsibility is to assist with the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the Club’s aquatics program area for youth ages 6-18.
BGCB is offering a $500 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Aquatics Program Manager in providing a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Aquatics Program. Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to, oversight of open swim, swim lessons, swim team, pool games, water-related field trips and lifeguard training.
- Under general supervision of the Aquatics Program Manager, serve as Swim Team Coach (or Assistant Coach or Co-Coach), responsible for conducting a swim program which teaches the correct stroke techniques and prepares participants for competitive swim meets.
- Assist with the pool facility operations, such as water testing, monitoring and adjusting.
- Assist in the completion of BGCB’s program activity standards as assigned.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate. Participate in NENEAPC programs as appropriate.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Secure, maintain and monitor materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Aquatics Program Manager.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience delivering aquatics programs for youth; in out-of-school-time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in swimming techniques, pool maintenance, and lifeguard training.
- Lifeguard, CPR, FA and WSI certifications required.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certified or ability to become certified required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver’s license required.