Role & Responsibilities
The Salesforce Project Lead will work within a Salesforce team to support the ongoing improvement of our Salesforce (SF) Enterprise Non-Profit Success Package (NPSP) deployment. A successful candidate will have a record of improving processes and adoption using the Enterprise NPSP Salesforce platform. The Salesforce Project Lead will work closely with the key stakeholders to identify, develop and deploy improved business processes relating to Fundraising, Marketing, and key relationship management activities, and our core program business processes.
This role will be part of a Salesforce team that includes other Salesforce admins, gift processing and fulfilment team members. The team are responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and enhancements of our CRM platform to deliver best practices and desired fundraising and communications results. To do this the work will include clarifying project requirements, building, testing, and documentation. This position will report to the CRM Manager.
The main purpose of the Engagement CRM team is to provide a strong leadership and strategic direction to the Engagement department fundraisers and HR marketing team; to support fundraisers and HR recruiter in cultivating meaningful relationships with targeted community audiences (e.g. end to end donor’s journey). Foster a donor / candidate centric attitude within the Engagement team (i.e. Support business insights for consumers behaviour, motivations and insights from campaign activities).
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programs, along with both professional and compassionate support for our relief workers. We are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programs, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
CRM Project Management
- Collaborate with the CRM Manager and stakeholders to implement the agreed CRM strategy and roadmap: understand business requirements, mitigate risks and create business cases to recommend strategies and solutions across the Salesforce platform to achieve business needs.
- Proactively manage assigned work through all stages using strong project management and coordination practices.
- Manage detailed CRM technical briefs and project plans in collaboration with CRM team members.
- Assist in setting and managing best practices with Salesforce objects, data management, security and compliance.
- Work with CRM Manager and relevant departmental stakeholders to take existing manual processes and identify ways to mitigate risk and overhead through automation in Salesforce.
- Manage internal Salesforce Support Helpdesk. Ensure that all requests have clear owners who will take responsibility to complete them according to the allocated ticket / CRM project brief.
- Provide routine user support – profile changes, permission sets, Lightning App Builder / Manager and password management. Support administrative function issues of users including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows/process builder and other routine tasks.
- Provide strong documentation and training and support for stakeholders on Salesforce implementations/ changes.
- Write documentation, validation rules, workflows, process building, and other Salesforce related jobs / tasks that have dependencies on user interaction, whilst improving user experience of the platform.
- Organize best practice trainings for end users to increase adoption of the platform.
- Continually develop skills and knowledge in the team, about features of Salesforce that can benefit Medair’s fundraising and communications. Ensure hands-on Salesforce level and in user guidelines.
Senior Salesforce Technical Administration
- Become an expert resource on the organisation’s data structure in Salesforce.
- Maintain a holistic view of processes and users in the system to understand CRM cross-functional / inter-departmental impacts regarding configuration, workflow, and reporting.
- Ensure the security of the data in the Salesforce and related application configurations and data sets, in collaboration with IT Cybersecurity. Manage sandbox environments, including pushing change sets to production
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architect and other IT team members to coordinate the potential integration of external applications and future data synchronisation.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture (EA) and gain approval for any activities that have potential organisational impact such as Master data, Enterprise Content Management, Backup / Disaster recovery, retention, etc., ITIL-related processes, e.g., Service Desk, SLA, Request/Change Management and any activities requiring support from the IT organisation.
- Focus on potential inter-departmental / system projects with IT and Finance departments: configurations, interfaces with banks, Finance, HRIS and other Medair systems. In consultation with the IT Enterprise Architect and CRM Manager ensure CRM strategy, project roadmaps and implementations are aligned with IT dept strategy, timeline and best practice.
- Collaborate with the IT Systems Analyst / Administrator and the Salesforce Database Administrator to bring quality, efficiency and automation to the current CRM processes.
GSO - Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts.
- Fully contribute to the spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
- Instigate, integrate, maintain and contribute to prayer times within internationally recruited staff and GSO teams.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree level. Salesforce Administrator. Business Management.
- Project Management (IPMA Level C or higher, PMI or Prince 2).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Working knowledge of French. German is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce NPSP administrator.
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201) certification required. Advanced admin (ADM211) certification preferred.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate / advanced complexity. Business and process analysis proficiency.
- Strong experience in successful Salesforce integrations assessment and implementation.
- Strong, i.e., demonstrated, project management and coordination experience (please list projects).
- Experience working with / managing external suppliers and consultants.
- A proven track record of excellent SF administration, workload management and meeting goals / expectations.
- Salesforce, Pardot, API integration proficiency. Raisenow, FinDock, and other Salesforce application experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel); familiar with Microsoft Teams applications.
- Highly numerate with ability to analyse and synthesise data and complex information.
- Ability to write strong business cases and project briefs. Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Good understanding of APIs. Good understanding of developments in communication technology.
- You can critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need.
- You can assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, and processes. Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate in written reports, presentations and meetings.