Co-Investment (Development) Manager
At Rodel, we partner with national and local funders to co-invest with us to improve the lives of all Delawareans. To that end, we seek a Co-Investment (Development) Manager who will serve as the engine of our efforts to fundraise in support of the priorities- post-secondary success, funding equity, early learning, and teacher diversity– that undergird our mission. Working across the entire Rodel team, the Co-Investment (Development) Manager will draw on prior experience in fundraising and/or managing complex systems to maintain and improve Rodel’s internal systems to shepherd potential funders through the co-investment pipeline.
Who We Are
Rodel has worked in Delaware for more than 20 years to improve educational outcomes. Our mission is to strengthen Delaware’s public education system and workforce by connecting partners to advance and implement sustainable solutions. To do this, we:
● Convene cross-sector partners: Rodel brings partners from across the state to listen together, identify opportunities, and collaborate to advance issues we have prioritized.
● Connect good ideas to resources: Rodel highlights opportunities for national and local funders to invest in Delaware education by supporting effective partnerships and innovative programs.
● Scale, share, and support ideas grounded in evidence and practice: Rodel’s work is informed by data, national and international best practices, and the perspectives of Delawareans which, in turn, inform Rodel’s perspectives and resources
Our Commitment to Equity
At Rodel, we are committed to engaging in our work as a member of the Delaware community, and grounding our work in Delaware’s unique context and history. In order to transform education, we must take the time to look at what equity means to our work and our daily lives, and act. We believe in centering students and families in our work, practicing our values to support an equitable public education system, reflecting as we learn, unlearn, and move towards action, and improving how we hold ourselves accountable to these commitments.
Rodel aims to strengthen all of our work by expanding our partnerships to be more inclusive of the Delawareans we seek to serve. Rodel is committed to transparency in how equity, accessibility, and inclusion play out in our work externally and internally. We will continue to revisit our goals, reflect on our actions, and approach our work through this lens to ensure we are building equity all around us.
For further information on our Equity Commitment and Rodel, please visit us at www.RodelDE.org.
A successful Co-Investment (Development) Manager will provide a clear vision for operationalizing Rodel’s co-investment pipeline in alignment with Rodel’s strategic priorities. The Co-Investment (Development) Manager will be responsible for project managing grant applications, conducting funder research, and tracking grant progress using reporting and data analysis. The Co-Investment (Development) Manager will ideally have previous experience in fundraising administration and/or strong experience managing complex systems and projects with a high degree of detail orientation. This person will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
What You’ll Do
Maintain and Improve Systems to Track Funder Pipeline
● Manage the application process for grants from start to finish, collaborating with teammates to create strong, responsive, complete applications that are funded at a high rate;
● Own the calendar and processes for grant reporting, collaborating with teammates to provide relevant, responsive updates to funders as required, and analyzing relevant grants data (e.g. funds expended and on what types of expenditures) to meet grant requirements;
● Conduct funder research to develop comprehensive, relevant profiles of government, private and corporate funder interests, processes, and alignment to Rodel priorities;
● Serve as the content manager of our new contact management system, operating as the point of contact within the organization for questions, process updates, and team support; acting as the primary person responsible for keeping it up-to-date and running accurate reports from the data; and identifying opportunities for process and system improvements to increase use, efficiency and accuracy.
Coordinate Engagements with Funders
● Manage logistics of Rodel’s work with the Delaware Business Roundtable Education Committee, including planning meetings and tracking engagement and fundraising activities;
● Track and manage relationships and engagement with current and potential funders/partners for the leadership and program teams;
● Support planning and logistics for co-investment-related travel and conferences – e.g., planning and coordinating materials preparation for a day of foundation visits for Rodel’s CEO, or identifying funding-related conferences where Rodel may wish to present and coordinating submission of Rodel’s presentation for consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Commitment to centering work around the needs of students as we work to build a more equitable system of public education in Delaware;
● Experienced in project management, with demonstrated ability to own a project start to finish;
● Excellent writing and editing skills;
● Effective prioritization, time management, and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines;
● Ability to conduct and synthesize research on funders and related topics into user-friendly profiles and reports;
● Strong attention to detail;
● Ability to work both independently and engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment;
● A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve;
● Exercise impeccable judgment and act in alignment with Rodel’s values;
● Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities;
● Ability to conduct basic data collection, analysis, and reporting ;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Co-Investment (Development) Manager
At Rodel, we partner with national and local funders to co-invest with us to improve the lives of all Delawareans. To that end, we seek a Co-Investment (Development) Manager who…
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including dedicated professional development resources to support your growth in the role.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including dedicated professional development resources to support your growth in…