The Development Events Coordinator reports to the Head of Fund Development and is responsible for administrative and logistical tasks that directly support fundraising events. They will also provide donor stewardship and grants compliance support, as well as database management needed to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Development Department.
In collaboration with the Head of Fund Development and the Grants and Development Manager, this role assists with corporate sponsorship and financial support from individual contributors for fundraising events, including pipeline development, research, solicitation, and benefit fulfillment.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
Assist with all administrative duties for fundraising events. (80%)
· Work with Head of Fund Development and Events consultant on event production of fundraising events (in-person and virtual).
· Support Head of Fund Development in managing volunteer event committees and organizing meeting logistics.
· In partnership with MarComm, implement all event related communications, including solicitation materials and mailings, invitations, digital campaigns, marketing efforts, and any other print or digital communication tools.
· With Development Operations Specialist, manage all event-related data and list management in Raiser’s Edge database.
· Responsible for sponsor benefit fulfillment; work with all donors and guests to ensure proper stewardship.
· Coordinate with external partners and vendors.
· Work with Girl Experience and Volunteer Events teams to coordinate logistics related to fundraising events.
· Provide pre-event, day-of, and post-event assistance for each event and assist with setup/ breakdown support for each event.
· Provide additional support to the Development Department overall when necessary.
Fundraising Goals (30%)
· With Head of Fund Development and Grants and Development Manager, responsible for achieving fundraising event revenue goals.
· Use Raiser’s Edge to manage funding pipeline and produce regular reports to track progress to goal.
· Coordinate and execute a successful raffle/auction and paddle raise.
· Solicit, track, and manage in-kind support.
· Collaborate with team members to maximize opportunities for support.
Qualifications - Essential:
· Undergraduate degree required.
· Experience in event and/or program coordination.
· Fundraising and customer service acumen preferred.
· Must reside in GSEP’s 9-county footprint (Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Northampton, or Philadelphia counties).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Excellent communication, problem solving, proofreading, and detail- oriented skills.
· Excellent relationship management skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability and discipline to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
· Ability to discern urgency of various work projects, and pro-actively make decisions regarding any activity related to donor management or donor stewardship as related to various work projects such as acknowledgements, gift receipts and implementation of donor benefits
· Understanding of fundraising principles and ability to provide necessary information and feedback to staff.
· Strong computer literacy including the ability to comprehend and become proficient in new software as required
· Ability to use a relational database and spreadsheet software. Must be able to manipulate data, create reports, perform mail merge, and import/extract information from companion software. Ability to work accurately with financial data to ensure data integrity.
· Sound judgment, ability to prioritize, and to work independently.
· Ability to maintain systems for accurate record keeping.
· Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to plan and facilitate meetings; polished personal and written presentation skills.
· Ability to generate enthusiasm for Girl Scouts mission.
· Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour lunch. Various hours dependent on event schedule and travel.
· Maintain Membership as a registered Girl Scout.
· Ability to interact across all levels with a diverse population.
The Development Events Coordinator reports to the Head of Fund Development and is responsible for administrative and logistical tasks that directly support fundraising events. They will also provide donor stewardship and grants…