Work Schedule: Full time, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Social Worker Supervisor will provide emotional and administrative support to clients in our Youth Services Residential program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide counseling and case management services to homeless youth clients living in a community residence.
- Assist client in developing independent living skills through one-on-one sessions and weekly group sessions.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to clients in order to motivate them to work on their service plan goals.
- Link clients to appropriate mental health services, employment, and academic resources.
- Provide client crisis intervention and stabilization services for the Youth.
- Provide immediate and ongoing care coordination around housing, medical, employment, education, mental health and substance abuse. Care Coordination includes making referrals for services, monitoring service utilization, case conferencing with internal and external providers, and follow-up.
- Case Conference monthly with clinical staff in Youth Services. Identify pertinent training for Youth Workers.
- Provide weekly groups (topics are to include ADL skills, education, entitlements, health awareness, and housing readiness.).
- Ensure proper charting of all client information is done on a timely basis. Maintain up-to-date documentation including training logs, supervision logs, service plan, and weekly progress notes.
- Assist Program Director with staffing and coverage issues. Ensure proper documentation in Logbook, shift summaries from Youth workers and coordinate required in-house training with Program Director.
- Supervise site in absence of Program Director with site operation and safety.
- Participate in all scheduled supervision and team meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master degree in Social Work & LMSW or LCSW Required
- Minimum of two years experience working with the mentally ill, substance abuse and homeless population needed.
- Knowledge of DSM IV needed.