The Program Specialist is a key member of the Trauma Research Foundation’s (TRF) Programs team. The programs team is at the heart of this non-profit’s work and aims to support and grow a community of clinicians, researchers, educators, and people whose lives are affected by trauma. TRF supports non-partisan research, education, and programs to help children and adults heal from traumatic experiences.
This role plays a critical role on the Programs Team and support in creating success across TRF’s many programs. The role consists of Program and event leadership, production, and support. This role reports to the Program Manager and will work across the organization.
The ideal candidate is very organized, detail-oriented and proactive, with strong skills in program management, event planning, and administrative support. Candidates should have experience with virtual event planning, strong verbal communication and writing skills necessary for effective interactions with TRF team members, TRF community, staff in external organizations and others in order to accomplish program goals.
Status: Full time
Location: Remote, though occasional in person in Massachusetts
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 - 5 pm (Preferred able to work EST hours)
- Program Leadership and Support
- Assist Program Manager with successful execution of TRF programs including program organization, website support, marketing and communications planning, writing, and execution, administration, customer support, and event production.
- Play a leading role for some of TRF’s programs. This includes having a deep understanding of TRF programs mission and goals and leading its execution with high levels of care. Be responsible for executing program production from start to finish, project planning across lengths of weeks to months, working within programs team for support, working with marketing and any other external partners to create high caliber experiences for the TRF community.
- Event Production + Support
- Lead and support event production across TRF programs.
- Have high levels of comfort and experience with virtual program production, thinking through experience creation, coordinating with multiple presenters, enjoy running virtual events, have an ability to manage multiple tasks at once, comfortable speaking on camera, and handle stressful situations with ease.
- Be available to attend and assist the successful production of TRF Programs which can include multi-hour and sometimes multi-day virtual programs. Future possibility of in-person event support.
- Support administrative needs around TRF Programs and Event Production such as meeting planning, zoom link creation, registration process, webpage updates, and task management
- Technology Proficient: Comfortable with virtual events, zoom, multi-platform workspaces, Slack, Asana, project management, cross calendar planning, Google Sheets and Docs.
- Customer Support
- Have a natural tendency towards compassion, kindness and patience towards TRF Team and Community
- Will be in a front-facing role within the organization and will represent the organization in accordance to our values.
- Eloquent, thoughtful, and reflective speaker. Self-aware and equipped with own self-resourcing processes to best show up for others.
- Embody organization values: Respect, compassion, patience, empowerment, teamwork
- Contribute to a safe and pleasant work environment
- Follow policies and procedures, take training on trauma-informed practices
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Gmail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational practices; careful and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks
- Pleasant and professional manner with customers
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Three (3) years of professional experience, preferably within programs
- Three (3) year experience using Word, Excel, and Google Services like drive, docs, and sheets
- Undergraduate degree
- Interested to work in the field of trauma research and treatment.
- Ability to think logically, to reason through a problem/issue
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize, shift priorities, multitask and problem solve
- Ability to handle multiple projects thoroughly and accurately and be resourceful and creative when problems arise
- Ability to communicate calmly and effective with patients, physicians, attorneys and others regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong Computer software skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- Meeting planning, scheduling and coordination for groups of varying sizes
- Strong communications skills and interaction style that enhances the ability to work with staff in other departments to accomplish project goals
- Resourceful and creative in managing projects when problems arise or in suggesting better ways to accomplish the goal