Access to Success (A2S)
A2S is a Christian-based non-profit with a mission to provide sustainable programs that generate positive change for Nigerian children and their communities. We are passionate about helping children achieve their dreams - we are dedicated to creating pathways for new opportunities while improving the surrounding community of our program participants.
Communications and Events Manager Job Description
This full-time position with A2S is headquartered in Davidson, North Carolina. This is an ideal opportunity for a successful professional seeking highly rewarding and challenging work.
A2S is in need of an independently driven, team-oriented individual with a strong desire to strategically work with A2S through our next phase of organizational growth. This is an exciting time to be a part of our team and this role will have a direct and lasting impact on the future organization.
The Communications and Events Manager will report directly to the A2S President.
● Create and implement a multi-channel marketing and communications plan in collaboration with the A2S President
● Write, design and produce engaging materials that inform and inspire current and potential stakeholders using various social and traditional channels. Manage all aspects of the projects including copywriting, graphic design/layout, photography/video, and relationships with vendors engaged in the projects. Types of projects include, but are not limited to:
o Fundraising collateral + third-party fundraising resources
o Event invitations + promotional materials
o Stewardship communications
o Email newsletters
o Annual reports
o Marketing brochures
o Press releases
o Social media videos, graphics, and other posts
● Update and maintain organization website
● Work closely with A2S Nigeria Communications Coordinator to create content that effectively showcases the A2S story and harmonizes the organization’s message across multiple channels
● Support the Development Manager to design and produce all virtual and in-person fundraising/special events, including one main annual fundraising event per year.
o Overseeing event management and planning from concept to execution including facilitating the
creation of event concept to developing a project/event plan, communicating with Events
Committee, ensuring the plan is implemented on time and within budget;
o Ensuring event concept and print materials are on message;
o Management of registrations/ticket sales;
o Creation of all visual elements and printed materials for the event;
o Liaison to vendors;
o Event PR;
o Coordinate, supervise and train event volunteers.
● Oversee interns, including Social Media and Communications, and Events and Fundraising interns.
Skills and Requirements:
● 2+ years of experience in office administration, financial support, event planning, marketing, and social media in a business and/or non-profit organizations. Associates degree required, bachelor’s preferred.
● Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
● Ability to organize complex material and manage multiple projects at a time.
● Energetic, flexible, resilient and proactive. Passion for the mission of Access to Success.
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Zoom services, WordPress, and Google Drive.. Experience with Website Management, Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign preferred.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a wide range of constituents located across the U.S. and Nigeria, including staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
● Experience, knowledge, and/or strong interest in international development.
● Interest in working with different cultures; travel outside of the U.S. is preferred.
● Occasional travel within the Mecklenburg/Iredell county area is required.
Salary commensurate with experience, range 35k - 40k
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Access to Success (A2S)
A2S is a Christian-based non-profit with a mission to provide sustainable programs that generate positive change for Nigerian children and their communities. We are passionate about helping children achieve…