When applying for this position, please be sure to include a cover letter and resume.
Babies of Homelessness (BoH) is seeking a fundraising consultant to join our team on a contract basis, with the potential to hire. This position ensures BoH has a robust pipeline to meet annual revenue goals. You will actively manage prospective and current donors, foundations, corporate sponsors, and other funders solicited via proposals, multiple marketing appeals, and other fundraising activities.
About Babies of Homelessness
Babies of Homelessness delivers basic necessities such as diapers, baby wipes, and formula directly to families in need in the King and Snohomish counties. We are a member of the National Diaper Bank Network, and we are dedicated to helping families with children as a reliable and ongoing source for diapers and other essentials. Since our founding on December 29, 2016, Babies of Homelessness has provided necessities to more than 7,000 families and under-resourced agencies in the Puget Sound region, where very few resources for diapers exist.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and successfully meet the annual fundraising plan to achieve our mission. This position is responsible for raising $200,000 in contributed revenue through individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, and special events.
- Works with a contract event planner and plans a successful fundraising event (Hope Gala) for spring 2023. Works with volunteers to secure auction items and sponsorships. Goal is to raise $100,000.
- Plans smaller fundraising events as required.
- Launches ongoing online fundraising and spearheading end-of-year campaigns.
- Implements and manages donor management CRM (Virtuous).
- Provides progress updates to the Executive Director to share with the board.
- Conducts and documents personal visits and meaningful contacts to qualify, cultivate and steward prospective donors.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with current donors.
- Facilitates sponsor gifts and follow-ups.
- Sends annual thank you cards to the donor base.
- Utilizes donor database (Virtuous).
- Identifies and engages new prospective donors.
- Maintains donor records and files.
- Contributes content to quarterly newsletter, social media, website, brochures, and other marketing materials.
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related field and five or more years of related professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Demonstrable experience as a fundraising generalist, with hands-on practice at institutional giving/grant writing, major gifts, annual giving, corporate partnership building, special events, and online giving campaigns. Community-centric fundraising and/or CFRE a plus.
- Experience managing and improving development operations, ranging from CRM management to gift processing.
- Excellent working knowledge of donation management CRM (Knowledge of Virtuous a plus).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with volunteers of all levels, and liaising with contractors and consultants.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated work ethic, sense of integrity, and emotional intelligence. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including attention to detail and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Poised professional manner with solid written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface directly with donors, board members, volunteers, and other constituents at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A sense of humor is a must.
Babies of Homelessness is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.