If you are willing to work and make a positive difference to people's life at the same time. This is for you...
Job Type: Full Time Salaried Manager
Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for the role.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- The Insurance and Claims Manager is responsible for insurance procurement claims management. Acts as an advocate for Goodwill when working with insurance underwriters, brokers and department managers to identify risks and insurance needs. This role is responsible for conducting, reporting and investigation analysis, resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claims information.
- Ensure safety compliance in accordance with Washington State laws and Labor & Industries Department rules and regulations; identify problems that may cause claims non-compliance.
- Research and analyze potential business loss exposures and risks and recommend opportunities to manage and/or transfer those risks.
- Manage business relationship with Third Party Administrator (TPA) and communicate frequently on all new and open claims.
- Remain aware of the current status of case reserve levels and time loss claims, and monitor outstanding claims until closure.
- Prepare for and participate in L&I Self Insured Section audits.
- Maintain and oversee the property and casualty insurance program for all buildings and contents, liability exposures, and bonds.
- Ensure that all locations and any new business opportunities undertaken by SGI are appropriately included in insurance coverage.
- Maintain a strong business relationship with the insurance broker representing Seattle Goodwill, facilitate communications as required.
- Manage insurance renewal activities, including preparation of underwriting submissions, negotiation, procurement and review for compliance of terms and conditions.
- Review insurance policies and ensure that all required coverages are maintained in force.
- Request and ensure that certificates of insurance are provided as required for the normal conduct of business, special events, and as required in contracts, agreements and leases. Maintain all certificates of insurance issued to Seattle Goodwill.
- Provide timely and accurate insurance information to insurance brokers; review marketing results and benchmarking make recommendation to leadership for the most appropriate limits, favorable coverage and renewal terms.
- Review insurance binders and policies for accuracy and electronically store corporate insurance policies and insurance claims.
- Process all invoices in an expeditious manner and ensure prompt payment.
- Responsible for maintaining Risk Management policies and procedures including organization-wide requirements for qualifying contractors, service companies and vendors, and ensure that they are followed.
- Obtain certificates of insurance prior to third parties commencing work in Evergreen Goodwill facilities.
- Maintain all accident and claims handling procedures and associated documentation and provide ongoing claims handling training to supervisors and managers.
- Notify relevant parties (insurance broker and underwriters) of potential insurance claims in a timely manner. Track and monitor claims and communicate as necessary between relevant parties to conclusion.
- Manage Goodwill motor vehicle driver eligibility program and maintain documentation.
- Benefits an Perks:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans available for you and your family
- 20% employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your household
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the organization
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum 3- 5 years of experience in insurance and claim administration.
- Strong worker's compensation and OSHA knowledge.
- Must have an aptitude for contracts and insurance policies. Loss analysis and risk assessment experience.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Valid WA State driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the job.