Full-Time, Permanent Position, Exempt
Compensation Range: $70,000 - $75,000 (DOE) + benefits
WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company comprising a professional Studio and a youth Academy. Our work addresses racial, gender and economic inequities in the media industry by building equitable pathways to employment for diverse storytellers. Through the education and employment of aspiring young Black, Indigenous, people of color, women, transgender and non-binary mediamakers in the Bay Area — and through our production work for socially-minded clients — we are changing the stories that get shared with the world.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing well and doing good. We're a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. High quality of services in education and media production.
- Building community, inclusion & equity.
We are seeking a leader who would be responsible for the management, strategy and execution (aka soup to nuts) of our IT & operations infrastructure for BAYCAT as we build forward with a hybrid operational model. BAYCAT occupies a 5,000 sq. ft. facility in the Dogpatch area of San Francisco, and also employs team members, interns and partners with people located outside the Bay Area, primarily in NY and Southern CA. BAYCAT’s operations include Academy & Studio programming, and departmental functions that include development and fundraising, fiscal, HR and operations. This role will report directly to the President & CEO of BAYCAT, and in the future, the Executive Co-Director.
In addition to Information Technology needs for the organization. The position will support the following areas:
- Manage BAYCAT’s space to be state of the art, comfortable, inclusive, flexible, safe, fun, collaborative and efficient place to work;
- Develop BAYCAT’s space to be more effective for hybrid meetings and program delivery;
- Execute and support basic operations of BAYCAT in person; and
- Design new systems or improve existing operational and assets & inventory management systems.
Facility & Office Systems Management - 45%
- Manage and support overall facility needs in the range of maintenance, coordination of inspections and office systems support including managing facility and operational supplies and needs;
- Forecasts, allocates and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management;
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections;
- Communicates and trains workplace safety precautions to employees and newcomers;
- Recommends and oversees maintenance, mechanical, electrical and facility design modifications as needed for the purpose of in-person, hybrid and virtual operations needs;
- Manage budget for and supervise operational work by vendors and contractors;
- Manage team and user access as well as a centralized calendar system for our organization and team, including updating the calendar to include team anniversaries, birthdays and organizational holidays; and
- Responsible for managing our mail and delivery systems including depositing and processing checks.
Assets & Inventory Management (Software & Hardware) - 40%
- Manage, update and improve on an asset inventory management system for all our software & hardware. A strong knowledge of Google Drive and centralization of data is necessary;
- G-Suite administration:
- Create, delete, suspend and manage email accounts for interns, new employees and group emails as needed;
- Account recovery, pw resets for users and general troubleshooting for email issues; and
- Domain management and security, including managing app features and domain security (review alerts/fix any issues).
- Hardware management and inventory:
- Setup new team members with computer/ laptop;
- Wipe and update computers/laptop returning from former team members;
- General troubleshooting support for all team members, interns, youth;
- In-house repairs of common components;
- In-house updates of common components to increase lifetime of usability;
- Manage under-warranty repairs to Apple/outside repairs; and
- Inventory computer peripherals, keyboards, mice, adapters, monitors.
- Server & storage management:
- Monitor hard drive status for all three servers and replace hard drives as needed; and
- Maintain online/troubleshoot access for users, and remote access for production workflow.
- Manage account passwords for shared software applications, subscriptions, etc.;
- Make recommendations for upgrades of systems (hardware and software) as necessary. Lead the process for maintenance and investments for all our tools; and
- Coordinate software licenses with Adobe for our staff and program participants.
Training & Development - 10%
- A strong background in Information Technology support and training. Create tools and processes to support our clients and staff with learning new systems, such as Slack, and instruments.
Research & Development - 5%
- A tech wiz and avid tech practitioner who is aware of the newest technology, trends, and can make recommendations to the team for improvement of practices and deliverables.
- Assess internal and external challenges with service delivery and use technology to support the process.
- Assist in the development of a hybrid modes of operation for classrooms & offices.
- Make recommendations for purchasing equipment, supplies and any other related items to support operations.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Brings 5+ years of managing operations, building and project managing systems.
- Strong information technology management knowledge, preferably Mac-based; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Strong customer service skills, operations and leading project implementations.
- Is a strong communicator who can translate the world of operations and information technology to all our team, clients and program participants.
- Be a problem solver and offer the best options to improve processes.
- A strong understanding and experience in working with non-profit organizations.
- This is a permanent full-time salary wage position.
- Compensation is $70,000-$75,000 (DOE) + benefits.
- Benefits include: Medical insurance paid 85% by BAYCAT, dental, vision, and LTD/Life insurance paid 100% by BAYCAT, quarterly wellness stipend, home office setup stipend, monthly internet reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual professional development stipend, 4 personal days off per year, 15 holidays per year, 2.5 weeks accrued vacation to start, 8 days accrued sick time, no meeting Fridays
- Location: This role will be primarily an in person role onsite at our San Francisco, CA location.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week. BAYCAT observes a meeting-free Friday and encourages all team members to use Fridays to catch up on work as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples (reflecting ability to manage data/asset inventory) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Application process and estimated timelines:
5/27/22 → Application closes
5/11/22 - 6/24/22→ Interview Process (3 rounds + references)
6/29/22 → Final offer made
EOE. We strive for a workforce as diverse as the community we serve.
Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.