The Director - Development Operations ensures that the Operations staff, technology, and programs are aligned, current, and conform to best practices. The Director is tasked with continually looking for and implementing process innovations to improve the donor experience and introduce efficiencies and streamline operational procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manage the Operational systems/processes that support Hadassah’s fundraising efforts, to ensure their ongoing usefulness and recommend improvements where appropriate. These include: Major Gifts, Annual Gifts, Grassroots, Yahrzeits, Tributes (IHO/IMO), and Certificates.
- Plan for/manage the strategic growth of the Customer Service Center of Excellence team including services offered and staff education.
- Recommend/manage enhancements to key processes and systems (while demonstrating timely completion and adherence to budget).
- Recommend/develop processes to enhance service to donors, leaders, and volunteers and to increase staff productivity. This includes reviewing/revising current practices for all gift remittances regardless of type of gift (what forms to use, how to complete them, where to send/email/upload them); reviewing fundraising reporting for clarity, completeness, and ease of use (for National leadership, the Field, Major Gift Officers/Annual Giving Officers, etc.); documenting and socializing guidelines around gift designations.
- Partner with the Donor Experience (DX)Team to ensure donors are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Assist Chief Development Officer to support/monitor philanthropy staff for agreed upon measurable financial, cultivation and stewardship goals through a regular review process.
- Manage a regular reporting mechanism for the philanthropy staff, including providing dashboards that display fundraising efforts against goals.
- Liaise with the Operations payment processing area to ensure processing is done in a timely, accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education, or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 plus years of corporate experience with strong management background
- Minimum five years’ management experience in Development Operations
- Minimum five years not-for-profit fundraising experience
- Experience with managing CRMs e.g., salesforce, ClearView
- Ability to manage large teams (15+) and several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced leader, collaborative style, ability to make stand-alone decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting/analytical skills; excellent attention to detail
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Computer proficiency and expertise in Office 365 and related technology skills, including familiarity with using digital platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams