Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, they will serve as the primary liaison of all donor-related data management and transactions, with a primary focus within CancerCare’s Raiser’s Edge, Every Action, CrowdRise, and similar databases. Core responsibilities include but are not limited to overseeing the back end of all direct mail efforts, response mailings, and reporting. Working collaboratively with the IG team, manage donor database entry, including gift processing, coding, classifying, and acknowledgment with accuracy and integrity in a timely fashion. They will support and coordinate the administrative needs of development operations, including budgeting, and assist in all mailings and donor communications and reports as needed and requested.
- Responsible for supporting the administration of CancerCare’s Raiser’s Edge (RE) database
- Tracks and reports donor information and prospect data consolidation, data analysis, and management and budgetary reporting
- Provides installment and payment and moves management reports
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of donor information through ongoing maintenance in Raiser’s Edge
- Direct liaison and primary contact to our direct mail partner deployment efforts, as well as general fundraising support for donor development
- Liaison for technology products across systems, including invoices and budgeting
- Creates data models and database and collaborates with website content manager, data access, and table maintenance codes to track individual and overall fundraising campaign performance, forecasting and reporting
- Resolves RE database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues on a real-time basis. Design and generate customized reports as requested
- Ensures the accuracy and data integrity of information stored in the RE database
- Works with IT to ensure integration with other CancerCare databases and systems functions properly
- Other data-related duties as needed and support for ad hoc projects
Requirements, Education, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in data management, analytics, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise
- Proficient in working with Blackbaud products, must be proficient in Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with proficiency in data manipulation
- Strategic thinker and the ability to use data to inform thoughtful conversations
- Experience with fundraising database configurations, adhering to business rules, data structure, and best practices
- Data entry experience is required, and relevant experience with high transactional volume activity in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Exceptional time and project management with great attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, follow-through from inception to completion of a task
- Experience in donor services and fundraising data collection and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent analytical acumen
- Ability to converse with diverse stakeholders of all levels of backgrounds, including donors who call with an inquiry or a complaint
- Customer and donor-centric with a positive, can-do attitude
- Team approach and collaborative in nature
- Maintain confidentiality and use good judgment, discretion, and sensitivity in dealing with intra-departmental personnel as well as donor information
- Willingness to learn, receive feedback and take ownership of their work and responsibilities that fall under their purview
- Accountability with key metrics for improvement and success
Example of External Partners
- Direct Mail Vendor
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment, and CancerCare reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
CancerCare provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our staff and clients.
All CancerCare staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status must be provided before employment. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.