Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) is a non-profit organization that works to prevent human trafficking and sexual exploitation by educating and equipping employees to assist human trafficking victims. For more information about the organization’s’ history and impact, please visit our website at www.bestalliance.org.
BEST is recruiting for a full-time Communications Coordinator. The primary responsibilities will be to coordinate all external communications and awareness-raising efforts, including earned media, social media, website content, donor campaigns content, marketing materials, and marketing events. The ideal candidate loves writing persuasively for a variety of audiences, is a good verbal communicator, well-organized, and able to self-initiate.
· Manage and execute BEST’s social media plans
· Write website content; be responsible for all aspects of website content, including appropriate visuals and messaging
· Manage and host online marketing events and
· Write and publish press releases and articles for earned media
· Work with our external partners to coordinate press releases or events
· Research and write stories about our work to include in our story bank
· Design and write quarterly newsletters
· Provide writing and design support for two annual donor campaigns
· Write marketing content for flyers or other collateral
· Coordinate with contracted designers to complete content
· Unequivocal commitment to the BEST mission
· 2+ years in a Communications or Public Relations role
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Proactive and able to work independently without a high-level of management oversight
· Intelligent, learns quickly, and adapts to new situations and new writing styles
· Excellent follow-through, organization, and attention to detail
· Strong team player
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Experience, skills, or training on working with the media to get stories published
· Experience in or exposure to the nonprofit sector
· Experience understanding and representing the experiences of marginalized populations in story form
· 2+ years in a media relations role
· 2+ years in a communications role
· Experience writing web and marketing content
· Experience with Salesforce, Asana, SharePoint, InDesign and Microsoft suite
· 40 hours/week with a flexible work week and flexible leave plan
· Hourly pay $20 – $25/hour depending on experience. If an applicant has more experience, the position title and pay may increase.
· Benefits include health insurance, vacation, sick pay, and retirement
· Position is based in Seattle and is temporarily remote
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. BEST will receive applications until the position has been filled.
Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) is a non-profit organization that works to prevent human trafficking and sexual exploitation by educating and equipping employees to assist human trafficking victims. For more…