The full-time Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing ACNM’s marketing and
communications strategy. Working closely with the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, this position ensures implementation of the annual marketing and communications plan. S/he also maintains social media accounts, coordinates web site updates, and implements marketing and communication tactics for membership, educational offerings, and advocacy efforts. S/he drafts and sends email communications, writes or edits content for newsletters as needed, and drafts public relations statements and press releases
The successful candidate is a cross functional team player with a growth-oriented mindset. S/he
will have the opportunity to be creative and to take a lead role in raising awareness of the midwifery profession and its value to birthing people. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and first-class organizational skills are mandatory.
___Close Supervision- The incumbent is assigned duties according to specified procedures and receives detailed instructions. Work is checked frequently.
_x__ Supervision- The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
__ General supervision- The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work
and receives general instructions on new assignments.
__ Direction: The incumbent establishes methods and procures for attaining specific goals and objectives, and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the final results of work are typically reviewed.
___ General Direction: The incumbent exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
Essential Job Duties
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and lead the execution of marketing plans/timelines for email, web, and print
- Plan, develop copy, compile content, and distribute using email platforms; understanding of email automation or marketing automation preferred
- Produce error-free written content quickly, accurately, and on tight deadlines
- Serve as proof-reader for other other members of the team
- Compile and analyze results of email marketing campaigns
- Drafts statements on behalf of ACNM, including quotes on behalf of leadership for partners, stakeholders, and the media.
- Drafts press releases on ACNM breaking news, manages the routing process for approval, and formats the press release for distribution.
- Pitches positive news stories and op-eds to the media in relation to ACNMs strategic goals, including government/legislative affairs, global advocacy, and other topics related to midwifery and the profession.
- Advocate for the ACNM brand across the organization and with partners and stakeholders ensuring the ACNM voice is used consistently with appropriate tone across mediums
- Coordinate website content updates, including maintaining current webpages and creating new webpages
- Generate web analytics reports via Google Analytics
- Develops and implements social campaigns that are integrated into ACNM marketing and public relation activities
- Maintains social media contacts and platforms, curates and creates original social media content, including infographics and brief videos, to promote ACNM, midwifery, and ACNM campaigns
- Follows and implements social media best practices; uses analytics to track metrics and improve engagement
- working with the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, project manage the creation of all ACNM marketing assets to include printed and digital collateral
- Working with the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, create copy for creative pieces and mange edits
- Provide logo assets and other ACNM brand graphics and provide guidance for correct use to ACNM team and external partners and stakeholders
- Provide input on budget and work within established budgets; create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for budget reconciliation
- perform data entry, daily administrative and assigned project management functions
- Work with publications team on proofing, editing, and formatting
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field preferred
- 2+ years of professional communications expertise required
- Advanced social media expertise required
- Track record with design of websites and content management system experience required; WordPress knowledge required
- Knowledge of health care issues is desirable, as is experience in a membership-based organization
- Experience with tools and technologies to effectively manage projects from start to finish. Must have the ability to handle several projects at once.
- Experience working on projects and events ranging in size and level of detail that require development of integrated communication materials
- Proven track record with deadlines and time management
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, photography, and video a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, top notch customer service (internal and external) with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Required computer proficiency includes social media management tools such as Hootsuite, database programs, email marketing systems such as MailChimp, survey software, mid-level knowledge of html and WordPress
- Situational awareness and ability to be flexible and respond to challenging situations appropriately
- Works well in a team environment and takes appropriate individual initiative to problem-solve.
- Must be available for approximately 1-2 weeks annual domestic travel. Knowledge of Customer Management Systems, preferably Impexium.
Organizational Norms/Core Values
- Respect - Works collaboratively to develop positive relationships and treats staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in a manner that promotes fairness, inclusivity, teamwork, and the accomplishment of ACNM's strategic goals.
- Customer Service Focus - Proactive, professional and responsive to meeting the service expectations of all customers; both internal and external to ACNM.
- Teamwork - Leverages knowledge across the organization and diversity to enhance the work of ACNM and works collaboratively to develop positive relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to achieve the shared ACNM goals.
- Transparency - Engages in openness, communication and accountability of ACNM business processes and decisions.
- Accountability - Displays honesty and truthfulness, confronts problems quickly, and displays strong commitment to the success of the ACNM including a willingness to accept full responsibility in meeting ACNM's core values and work performance expectations.
The incumbent is able to:
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face-to-face
- Work a computer for prolonged periods
- Travel on occasion