The Outreach and Development Director oversees the cultivating of our international partnerships with universities abroad, primarily in the United States, and developing sustainability initiatives for our organization. They manage our promotional campaigns, carry out our ongoing international communications and lead efforts in grant searching & writing. Because we are a small organization, we also invite this team member to participate in projects/programs in our other work areas, including the support of our education department by co-leading workshops with local communities, co-instructing in-person courses in our study abroad programming and co-facilitating online workshops.
Key Responsibilities (specific responsibilities are subject to certain changes based on the experience of the selected candidate):
Promotion and Partnership Development (25%):
- Develop and implement promotional campaigns for Pachaysana’s education programs and community-based projects.
- Creating and administering Memorandums of Understanding with partner schools abroad as part of the onboarding process, carried out in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Carry out regular communications with partner schools abroad. In addition to promotion, communications include onboarding schools as partners, onboarding their students into programs, and attending questions and inquiries related to academic, student services and health & safety issues.
- Coordinate site visits by international guests in coordination with the Community Relations department
- Travel, if and when necessary, to visit our partner schools abroad and represent Pachaysana at conferences
Grant Research and Writing (35%)
- Co-design projects with all other areas and Pachaysana’s community community partners
- Research grant opportunities and lead grant writing efforts in coordination with all other work areas.
Student Communications (10%)
- Manage onboarding communications with interested students and applicants
- Coordinate the transition from applicants to accepted students
Administration of Outreach and Development area (15%)
- Oversee interns in the Outreach and Development area
- Participate in regular team meetings. In Pachaysana, each area leader forms part of Pachaysana’s primary team and is responsible for leading sections of our team meetings.
- Manage the Outreach and Development budget in coordination with the Executive Director
Participate in Education programming according to areas of experience and interest (15%)
- This is likely to include the co-instruction of courses or co-leading in-person, community-based workshops
- Co-develop and co-facilitate online educational workshops with international partners in coordination with the Executive Director and Education area.
- EXPERIENCE. Work experience in two or more of the following fields:
- Outreach/Promotion with preferred experience in promotional activity for non-profits or educational institutions.
- Educational/Pedagogical activity with preferred experience working with institutions of higher education and community-engaged learning.
- Grant research/writing with preferred experience in researching funding opportunities in Ecuador and internationally.
- EDUCATION. Pachaysana respects both formal/traditional education processes and informal/experiential/alternative education processes. A bachelor's degree or its experiential equivalent is required. Masters or its experiential equivalent is preferred.
- LANGUAGE. Spanish and English proficiencies are required.
- INTERCULTURALITY. All of our team members should have experience living and working in intercultural settings, with a preference for experiences with institutions of higher education in the United States and experiences with local communities in Ecuador.
- TEAMWORK. Instead of a team member who focuses solely on their assigned tasks, we seek a team member who is focused on the growth of the collective and organization. Teamwork also means strong listening skills and the willingness to be vulnerable to others on the team.
- FLEXIBILITY. We believe Pachaysana is a living-breathing collective that is under constant transformation. All members of our family must be prepared for the occasional changes to their plans, schedules, etc.
- LEADERSHIP. This position demands a leader who enjoys co-directing the organization with fellow organizational leaders. The selected person creates a vision for their area and oversees the work of others.