ASCO has a new and exciting opportunity for a Research Operations Coordinator to join our Center for Research and Analytics (CENTRA) Department. The selected candidate will provide administrative support and coordination for two major projects – the ASCO-ACCC (Association of Community Cancer Centers) Initiative to increase racial & ethnic diversity in clinical trials, and ASCO’s COVID-19 Data Registry. The successful candidate will support the work of the Steering and Working Groups, process contracts and payments to participating sites, and support presentations and publications. If you would like to use your excellent customer service and organizational skills to work on cutting edge research projects, then we want to hear from you.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA although remote candidates will be considered.
What you will do:
· Be the primary point of contact for practices participating in the ASCO-ACCC Collaboration and ASCO Registry to ensure timely follow-up and facilitate compliance with requirements and processes, escalating requests requiring input to Manager and tracking responses to use in other relevant circumstances
· Develop and send monthly reports on Registry data to participating practices including calculating monthly payments, processing payments through accounting, and sending summaries of payments and current data to each practice
· Process other invoices related to the ASCO-ACCC Collaboration and Registry projects and report data to the Finance Department
· Process the review and delivery of research participation and data use agreements with practices, working with the Legal Team to process contracts and any amendments, and helping to ensure that practices fulfill contract requirements
· Support preparation of Registry presentations and publications including conducting research upon request
· Provide administrative and programmatic support to the COVID-19 Research and Analysis Steering Group and the ASCO-ACCC Collaboration Steering Group
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree in health, science, or a social science field, or equivalent years of experience
· 2+ years of administrative and/or programmatic experience, and working with finances is a plus
· 2+ years of research experience, including familiarity with requirements for research involving human participants
· Experience with developing process efficiencies and supporting projects
· Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including project tracking tools; and experience with Smartsheet is a plus
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and managing time effectively to meet deliverables
· Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and work independently to complete a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent customer service skills and team oriented
Fast-paced office environment with extended periods seated or standing at a desk
High use of computer and other office technology equipment
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
ASCO has a new and exciting opportunity for a Research Operations Coordinator to join our Center for Research and Analytics (CENTRA) Department. The selected candidate will provide administrative support and coordination for two major…