Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
HFNY seeks a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual who will be a key member of the Operations Team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager, will be able to proactively anticipate the needs of the organization, and will be able to successfully balance competing priorities. The Senior Manager, Operations will be responsible for the following areas: 1) general operations and administration, 2) office management, and 3) HR/people and culture
Operations & Administration
- Manage HFNY’s insurances - general liability, directors & officers, etc
- Oversee and provide training to staff on HFNY’s productivity tools - Asana, Slack, Mural, etc
- Manage information systems and technology for organization
- Manage relationship with outsourced IT consultants on all office equipment and tech needs
- Assist with managing OKRs process and accountability across teams
- Provide support for annual budget and audit
- Process invoices for Operations Team
- Manage all office management activities
- Act as primary contact for landlords and property management; handle building-related needs and requirements, and coordinate off-hours/freight elevator usage
- Manage purchasing and procurement, office supplies, office environment
- Own relationships with tenants, co-occupants, and/or sublessees, serving as primary contact
- Manage room and desk reservation system
- Manage billing, invoicing, and crediting process for all office tenants
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures to guide the operation of the office
- Support remote work initiatives and office relocation
HR/People and Culture
- Develop and implement strategy for all People and Culture Initiatives
- Manage overall recruiting process by screening candidates, scheduling and tracking interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Manage and develop onboarding and offboarding process for employees
- Monitor and track employee engagement through surveys, developing strategies to increase overall employee engagement
- Manage and oversee the growth and development process and overall training opportunities for the organization
- Develop staff off-site activities including retreats, socials, etc.
- Develop, administer and revise HR policies and programs based on current employment standards and laws in collaboration with the Director of Operations
- Responsible for general HR support: payroll support, vacation tracking, administration of benefits, record keeping and maintenance of team member files and other HR related documents.
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- 6+ years of work experience with at least 2 years of operations, office management, human resources, and/or people management experience
- Proven administration and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with keen attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong project management skills; able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to take an idea from concept to completion
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism while maintaining discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Self-starter, quick learner, hard worker; able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm and takes on difficult challenges
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with positive and humble attitude
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce, Pardot preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration - We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
- Excellence - We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
- Growth - Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
- Passion - We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
- Respect - We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
- Joy - We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.
Powered by JazzHR